Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Why does HF sell this?

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jgandalf

These exist for the same reason that radar detectors exist. It's called
ECM (electronic countermeasures).

Joe (top posting for your convenience)

wayne mak wrote:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

In article ,
"wayne mak" wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Why not?

I probably wouldn't buy one for myself, but then, anybody putting up a
minicam to watch me is risking getting fired for sleeping on the job --
from sheer boredom!

Might try to kick the sucker's ass for invading my privacy, though.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JimInsolo

They sell it to make a profit, same reason as the guy who manufacturers it-

"wayne mak" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
grassStain

"wayne mak" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Why does HF sell this?

Why does a dog lick his ass?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

grassStain wrote:
"wayne mak" wrote in message
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Why does HF sell this?

Why does a dog lick his ass?

To get that nasty mailman taste out of his mouth?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
grassStain

"Rex B" wrote in message
grassStain wrote:
"wayne mak" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Why does HF sell this?

Why does a dog lick his ass?

To get that nasty mailman taste out of his mouth?

No silly wabbit . . Because he can! :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"wayne mak" wrote in message
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

For paranoid people?
For people who think their bosses may have put surveillance cameras on them
without their knowledge?
For people who want to sue someone in case they are filming where they
aren't supposed to?
For people who do security work where it would be good to know if there are
secret cameras?

All sorts of reasons.

In Montgomery county, Texas, a dry cleaner put a camera in a unisex
bathroom. He filmed young female employees, and stupidly stored the images
on his camera.

Case is now pending, but it doesn't look good for him.

A male employee went in there, and before he could turn on the light, saw a
small blinking red light in the space above the suspended ceiling. He
alerted police, who arrested the dry cleaner. I imagine the man will get a
few bucks compensation for emotional distress.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:57:30 -0400, "wayne mak"
wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

How much does it cost?
ERS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:10:05 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"grassStain" quickly quoth:

"Rex B" wrote in message
grassStain wrote:
"wayne mak" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Why does HF sell this?

Why does a dog lick his ass?

To get that nasty mailman taste out of his mouth?

No silly wabbit . . Because he can! :-)

No, "because he can" is why he licks his dick/balls.

The detectors cost $21.99 on www.harborfreight.com , Item 91514.

give me The Luxuries Of Life * http://www.diversify.com
i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Steve B wrote:
"wayne mak" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

For paranoid people?
For people who think their bosses may have put surveillance cameras on them
without their knowledge?
For people who want to sue someone in case they are filming where they
aren't supposed to?
For people who do security work where it would be good to know if there are
secret cameras?

All sorts of reasons.

In Montgomery county, Texas, a dry cleaner put a camera in a unisex
bathroom. He filmed young female employees, and stupidly stored the images
on his camera.

Case is now pending, but it doesn't look good for him.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll tell ya,
there's nothing that goes on in a public
restroom, unisex or otherwise that I'd
*want* to watch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Industrial spies; xxx webcams in bathrooms... and in board offices.... What else.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

wayne mak wrote:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"Steve B" wrote in message

"wayne mak" wrote in message
[...]

If you own the building and can access the ceiling, there's not much reason
to go with a wireless camera. Pinhole cameras installed above a ceiling tile
are very hard to see and only a knucklehead would use a camera with a
blinking red light.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Because its legal and many folks have expectations of privacy?

I can slip a wireless camera into your home, and watch you raiding the
fridge at 3am in your thong undies without you knowing it. And it can
be broadcasting for months and you would never know it.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Because its legal and many folks have expectations of privacy?

I can slip a wireless camera into your home, and watch you raiding the
fridge at 3am in your thong undies without you knowing it. And it can
be broadcasting for months and you would never know it.

Gunner

Yeah, whatever, if you want. While you're at it can you give me a hand
manhandling my new (ex-Ebay) 4 1/2 cwt anvil into the workshop?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Because its legal and many folks have expectations of privacy?

I can slip a wireless camera into your home, and watch you raiding the
fridge at 3am in your thong undies without you knowing it. And it can
be broadcasting for months and you would never know it.

Gunner

Yeah, whatever, if you want. While you're at it can you give me a hand
manhandling my new (ex-Ebay) 4 1/2 cwt anvil into the workshop?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Sure. When do I pick up the tickets for the flight out?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=91514
found this when I was looking at the discount thread.

Because its legal and many folks have expectations of privacy?

I can slip a wireless camera into your home, and watch you raiding the
fridge at 3am in your thong undies without you knowing it. And it can
be broadcasting for months and you would never know it.

Gunner

Yeah, whatever, if you want. While you're at it can you give me a hand
manhandling my new (ex-Ebay) 4 1/2 cwt anvil into the workshop?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Sure. When do I pick up the tickets for the flight out?

Gunner

Drat. I knew there had to be a catch. Oh well, back to making a harness for
the kids and getting the whip out.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

ill have to dig up my very old passport and see if there is a South
African entry stamp. During a somewhat short stint in what used to be
Rhodesia I think I partied in SA one weekend.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

wrote:

[...]

Right name-wrong country. I'm in England (even though my eldest daughter is
called Kimberley Rand :-)

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Really? All this time Id though you were living in South Africa.

The UK? Nope..sorry..no can do. Any country that wont let me carry
even the most rudiment tools for self defense is not one that I care
to visit again.

The lads in Manchester that attempted to relieve me of my wallet, way
back in the mid 1970s, had to loan me their knife as I couldnt carry
one of my own.

And I liked the country side and most of the people..though I couldnt
understand those in Wales and other places.

Interesting bit on the harness though. What are you going to hitch the
kids up to? Pony cart? Grist grinding mill? Tread mill powered forge
blower?

Gunner

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

On Mon, 01 May 2006 16:50:02 GMT, Gunner wrote:

[...]

Trouble with England is that it's so small that you could make holes in
people's beer cans across the other side of the country even with a BB gun. I
quite like rudimentary self-defence tools ( beer bottles, 4-D Maglite torches,
steel toecaps etc.)

On the Harness for the kids, I was thinking of coupling them up directly to
the anvil. They haven't got far to drag it to the workshop and I'm sure
they'll do it to help their poor old dad. I'll do the difficult bits, like
telling them where to put it.