Default Pallets/skids Who buys them? How to sell them?

I recently started working as a helper/seller for a recently started
company that repairs old pallets and builds new ones. I am good at the
woodworking part and researching things ovet the net, but clueless on
doing sales. But doing both is the only way I could keep working here
(and avoid going back on welfare).

Do you have any tips on how to sell them, what types of businesss buys
them, are there any middlemen I could go thru? I am in Toronto,
Canada.... that is just north of Buffalo

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently started working as a helper/seller for a recently started
company that repairs old pallets and builds new ones. I am good at the
woodworking part and researching things ovet the net, but clueless on
doing sales. But doing both is the only way I could keep working here
(and avoid going back on welfare).

Do you have any tips on how to sell them, what types of businesss buys
them, are there any middlemen I could go thru? I am in Toronto,
Canada.... that is just north of Buffalo

Depends. There are hundreds of variations of pallets. Some are worthwhile,
others are nothing more than a PITA to get rid of. I buy some 48 x 40 four
way entry because I have a customer that requires anything shipped to them
to be on pallets. I pay about $6 US for used ones. I have about 800
pallets of others sizes that I have to either cut up or pay to et rid of
because they are odd sized. No one wants 39 x 36.

Some pallets meet specifications of the grocery industry and can be
interchanged. Others are light deck and even though they are the same size,
will not be accepted by them.

In order to sell pallets, you have to:
A. Have, or be able to make, what the customer needs
B. Know the various specifications if targeting a specific industry.

You have to contact the buyers, ask what they want, ask if they buy new or
used, and see if you can fill their needs at the right price. Pallets are
just another commodity and price is a big factor in where to buy from. They
won't care if your delivery trucks are painted real nice, they just want a
cheap pallet.

Companies that make corrugated boxes use a lot of them as do many
manufacturing companies. Get on the phone.

Best was to sell Table Saw? Mike P Woodworking 16 August 21st 04 03:15 PM
Need advice: Buying a house and sell declares bankrupty Xiaoning Wang Home Ownership 6 April 1st 04 12:40 AM
fs wood shop /must sell m Woodworking 4 January 1st 04 12:53 AM
How to sell a Myford ML7? Marcus Fredriksson Metalworking 2 September 11th 03 07:56 AM