Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Ok now this is a HSM tool

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dainichi-DUM3GA-...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

wayne mak wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dainichi-DUM3GA-...QQcmdZViewItem

SURE. My Sheldon R15-6 (15 x 42", 2.25" spindle through hole, 5 Hp)
outweighs
it by 1000 Lbs. And, it IS in my home shop! Yeah!

That thing must have been made for shipboard use or something. Certainly an
odd combination.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
lens

It's funny - at first glance it looks like a monster, but the weight
and footprint are not that bad (big) for what is there. I think it eats
no more floor than my lathe and mill do now. One thing that makes it
HSM UNfriendly however, is that most don't have space at the END of the
lathe to park the mill in a sideways orientation, and you can't jam
this up against a wall. It's still an interesting "import combo
machine".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

At least it looks like a lot less of a compromise than the other
multiple type machines but too big for my shop =(

Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM