Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default FA - a bunch of alarm related stuff - temperature sensors to protect your shop, etc.

a while back someone was talking about alarm stuff - still helping a
friend dispose of things he doesn't have room for, and some of it is
alarm goodies - some ADT power supplies, but probably of more
interest to this group are two temperature sensors for alerting you
when room temp gets too hot or cold - could be used to run an attic
fan or something, or for the originally intended alarm purpose - put
one by your boiler to warn you if things get too hot, or put one in
your shop to warn you if it's about to freeze in there.

here's the link
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Hey Bill,

Brian Lawson from rec.crafts.metalworking here. You told us about
some stuff you had for sale on Ebay, and I asked my son, who lives in
Burbank to put in a bid, which he now tells me he won for me. Bit of
a surprise!!

I tried to "correct" the below email address and write, but I guess I
didn't get it correct, because I can't make it "SEND", so I've
resorted to this.

I was hoping that he could/would pick it up from where-ever in Santa
Monica. Is that OK, or possible??

You can reply to me at

if you wish.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:00:09 -0700, "William B Noble (don't reply to
this address)" wrote:

a while back someone was talking about alarm stuff - still helping a
friend dispose of things he doesn't have room for, and some of it is
alarm goodies - some ADT power supplies, but probably of more
interest to this group are two temperature sensors for alerting you
when room temp gets too hot or cold - could be used to run an attic
fan or something, or for the originally intended alarm purpose - put
one by your boiler to warn you if things get too hot, or put one in
your shop to warn you if it's about to freeze in there.

here's the link
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

As a side note..if those temp sensors are being used for a cold box or
reefer unit..put the probes in a small vial of glycerin. It prevents
false alarms from having the door open or closed too often.

I used to install these and similar units in commercial restaurants
walk in boxes in this fashion.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

I've sent you a note off the list.

As a matter of education for those who may wonder, I use an obviously
fake return email address in News group posts as a means of reducing
spam - it does work, and sadly, it's an inconvenience (or worse) for
those who would wish to respond off the net. that said, I'd
recommend that anyone posting to a newsgroup like this do NOT put
their correct e-mail as a return address (note - the google news group
reader does not let you use a fake email address). Then put your
correct address in a signature line, but make it so a computer can't
easily figure out that it is an email address.

What happens is that those who wish to send spam use computers to read
lots and lots of news group (and other) postings - these compuers look
for valid email addresses and then put them on lists that are sold to
spammers. by eliminating valid email addresses from both my web site
(I use a photo of an email address, again an inconvenience since those
who want to contact me have to type it in) and from my NG posts, I've
seen a significant decline in spam. A few simple filters so far keeps
the monster at bay - the most effective filter I use is to discard
messages not addressed to me. the second most effective is to discard
messages that contain my email name in the subject.

now back to our discussion of metal stuff, which was already
underway.....

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:32:14 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Bill,

Brian Lawson from rec.crafts.metalworking here. You told us about
some stuff you had for sale on Ebay, and I asked my son, who lives in
Burbank to put in a bid, which he now tells me he won for me. Bit of
a surprise!!

I tried to "correct" the below email address and write, but I guess I
didn't get it correct, because I can't make it "SEND", so I've
resorted to this.

I was hoping that he could/would pick it up from where-ever in Santa
Monica. Is that OK, or possible??

You can reply to me at

lawsoncccccccccc

this address)" wrote:

[...]

Shop stuff at Sams... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 10 December 29th 05 12:48 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Prewiring alarm for a new house John Smith Home Repair 119 May 1st 04 04:31 PM