Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Shop stuff at Sams...

Awl--

Today's my day off, and you'd think I'd get a chance to work on m'****....

Got dragged off to Sam's Club instead. Taught the wife a lesson, tho--she
will *never* take me back there again...
Another $1,000 day.... goodgawd....
Thank gawd for pickup trucks.

Here's some of what I got, and what you might consider fer yerselves, post
Xmas:

1. Machinist's toolbox--wood (sorta), $86!!!!!!! **Really** nice; felt
lined, etc. Well, really nice faux.... but really nice!
Here's the kicker--Wife won't let me put it in my shop!! It's goin in my
paneled office!!
The gruesome-red Sears **** stays in m'shop, I guess.
There is one kicker: the front "security door blank" *hinges down*, which
is not so great from a functional/real estate viewpoint. You can, however,
likely have yer cake and eat it by removing the hinge from the box (but
keeping it on the panel itself), and putting in a pin on each end, like the
regular machinists' boxes I've seen.
Iffin it's gonna stay in my office, you really need to see all the little
compartments'n'****!
You sorta gotta be a little cold to throw this thing in a working shop and
bang it up!
One of my machinist compadres (actually an architectural sheet metal guy)
collects and restores machinists tool chests. But then you cain't ever
use'em!!!

2. Rolling pneumatic stool, w/ tool caddy--about $30. A little low
(17.5-21"), but fairly easily increased (I hope). Nice, stable, pretty
versatile, like for mechanics, upholsterers, etc. If raised, good for CNC
pendants, etc.

3. Engine hoist--one of the nicest I've seen, I think around $175.
Blue/yellow. Not quite the reach as the one I got from HF, but *a lot*
nicer, also w/ a load balancer.

4. From Costco: Stainless Steel mechanics chest, the big big banana.
About $650, *weighs almost 500lbs*!!! do the math--cheaper than g-d HR
steel, I believe. Haven't bought one, don't quite have the room (or the
need, really), but it is def'ly a *drool item*, near-Snap-On quality, I
think.
The chinese are not just kicking our asses, bruh, they are stepping on
our necks, w/ high-heeled stilleto shoes, jack...
Also what appears to be a nice dremel clone--at least it's got a lot of
pieces! Like a 200+ pc set, plus the dremel-clone, about $30!!

5. A nice 800/1200 watt radiant heater, *pivot-able*, $39. These are great
for focusing heat where you are at, can save a lot of money over a space
heater in a shop.

6. An Inversion machine, for $135, nearly half price of the Teeter Totter
stuff.
A near-*must have* iffin you are a shop/car guy cursed w/ back problems
(and aren't too old--this method of inversion has intrinsic physiological
hazards (ICP); email me if you want to know more about back-related stuff).
Haven't tried it out yet--build my own inversion stuff, better, more
versatile, but not quite as convenient as this. Tonite or tomorrow I'll set
it up.

7. Jack Daniels liquored up choclits, about $5, in a very nice "wooden
crate" box, about 20 pcs, I think. I got the Costco version (80 pcs), was
told they are *lethal*, bruh, *lethal*!
Discovered them last xmas at my local tool rental place--the guys there were
so plastered from these things, they couldn't drive home!! Nice gift item.

8. Oh yeah, what appears to be a very nice *functional* squat rack AND
smith machine (weight bar guided on linear bearings), w/ 300# olympic weight
set. Bench/Leg press/leg lift/curling/lat stuff included, w/ nice
"retaining system" for overhead lifts.
EIGHT huge boxes--or more! goddamm.... You need a pickup truck just to
get this g-d thing home! $400!!
But beats the effing crap out of Boo-booflex et al.
Could fit, I think, in a small basememt/room. Didn't buy one, but am
*sorely tempted*, to compare w/ the stuff I build. I've seen stuff like
this at near-sextuple the price at Omni Fitness, poss. the Gym Source, and
other upscale fitness places--but not modell's or Sports authority.

Oman, and on the weekends at Sams/Costco, you can walk out *stuffed* w/ free
food samples---and likely diabetes...

Yeah, Sams/Costco are also a new resource of underpaid/over-harried cashier
peeple that Harold et al can harass/rat out. Sic'em, boy, sic'em...
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Oh yeah--
One of those diamond plate toolboxes for pickups--$175. Looks really
good.
I always thought, however, that these boxes just had "break me open/rip me
off" written all over them--at least in places like d'Bronx/Yonkers, in NY.
Which are not as bad, it seems, as Camden, NJ (75 mi so. of NYC), recently
announced as having the highest crime rate of any city in the USA--if I
heard correckly.
And I was thinking of moving my operation there... well, anywhere with a
good-sized prison system....

Oh yeah, the Wife got some stuff at Sam's, too....
But I think she likes the tool stuff better.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking

very good!

ivor
www.besthairwig.com

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch

Proctologically Violated©® writes:

Got dragged off to Sam's Club instead.

The Chinese wire shelving from www.sevilleclassics.com they sell at Sam's
are quite good, practically equal to real Metro shelving. I am pleased
with the $99 set of 18 plastic bins on a wire shelving unit. I have seen
other Chinese attempts at Metro style shelving that were flimsy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Regarding Costco, they have one of those round step stools that you can kick
around, but when you step on it, the wheels retract and it becomes
stationary. Like those at the library, but this one is stainless steel. I
really like mine. Very useful for getting at stuff just out of reach.
Around $40.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

A word to the wise. The rollaround looks good and works great until you load
the drawers with tools. Then you realize it's no better than Craftsman, just
bigger. Not even close to a good Snap-on.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Kathy

"Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote in message
Oh yeah--
Which are not as bad, it seems, as Camden, NJ

(75 mi so. of NYC), recently
announced as having the highest crime rate of any

city in the USA--if I
heard correckly.
And I was thinking of moving my operation

there... well, anywhere with a
good-sized prison system....

Walk off the Rutgers University campus 2 blocks in
any direction and you are in one of the baddest
neighborhoods going. Or so they said on TV. I don't
know how much of Geraldo's reporting pans out tho.
Remember Capone's vault? Camden is hardly noticable
5 miles from me and - oh ye- just as close to
Moorestown that some other publication said was the
best place in the country to live and that was
before TO moved out.
Go figure.

YMMV

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Mebbe might have to pro-rate the quality based on price--pounds per drawer
per dollar, or sumpn.
Who knows--Sears/Snap-on might still win!?
But isn't Sears made in china?? Their power tools f'sure are.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Clif Holland" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Harvard/Yale aren't so good, either.
Ditto Columbia U, until this juggernauting gentrification gained it's full
momentum--capped by "inybody kin SMD" Bubba moving to 125th St.

Geraldo is such a whore... a very brite whore, but still a whore.
Sheeeit, BD's brite, too.
Go figger.

Yeah, that capone thing really shook poor Jerry Rivers up.
Jes goes to show *how important* good looks really are--makes comebacks so
much easier.

Who/what is TO?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Kathy" wrote in message

"Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote in message
Oh yeah--
Which are not as bad, it seems, as Camden, NJ

(75 mi so. of NYC), recently
announced as having the highest crime rate of any

city in the USA--if I
heard correckly.
And I was thinking of moving my operation

there... well, anywhere with a
good-sized prison system....

Walk off the Rutgers University campus 2 blocks in
any direction and you are in one of the baddest
neighborhoods going. Or so they said on TV. I don't
know how much of Geraldo's reporting pans out tho.
Remember Capone's vault? Camden is hardly noticable
5 miles from me and - oh ye- just as close to
Moorestown that some other publication said was the
best place in the country to live and that was
before TO moved out.
Go figure.

YMMV

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Kathy

"Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote in message

Who/what is TO?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/OwenTe00.htm

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On 28 Dec 2005 20:50:14 -0800, "jon_banquer"
wrote:

Clif Holland wrote:
A word to the wise. The rollaround looks good and works great until you load
the drawers with tools. Then you realize it's no better than Craftsman, just
bigger. Not even close to a good Snap-on.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

Cliff,

I agree with this caveat. The Sears professional line handles 400
pounds per drawer and is as good or close to many Strap-On rollaways.

SVL often posts about what I call Vidmars. They can be made into
rollaways. If Mr P.V. is looking to put real weight into his rollaway
he would be *much* better of doing what SVL does with Vidmars.

IMO, Vidmars are the only way to go in a machining job shop ! Our shop
just purchased 2 used Vidmars in near perfect condition.

Steve Mackay has requested I don't cross post so I have deleted
rec.crafts.metalworking.

Hope you see my response.

jon

"I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them." ... Jimmy
Hoffa

Added back rec.crafts.metalworking so that he might I expect.
Can anyone find the idiot?
--
Cliff