Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default Modular Part Cabinets

I recently got several Lyon modular part cabinets that need a few more
drawers.

Where can one go to find drawers at a reasonable cost?

Do the drawers from other brands interchange?

What brands do you favor and why?

Thanks

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Okay...let's try something different.

I have some very nice Lyon cabinets without enough drawers.

Has anyone made drawers and shelves to fit a Lyon, Vidmar, Lista
modular cabinet? If so, do you have any advice?

Thanks

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--I've got a couple of Stanley Vidmar cabinets in my shop; IIRC I
got the long dividers directly from S-V (fancy pieces with slots on both
sides that match those in the sides of the drawers), but I made the smaller
cross-wise dividers myself. What all are you looking to do?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'll have the roast duck
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : with the mango salsa...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Well I'd get 'em at the source. Not sure because I haven't been
down to the shop today, but, IIRC, there are some clever geometries on the
sides of the drawers that lets them be pulled entirely out of the cabinet if
need be. Assuming you don't want to do that a whole lot you could probably
get by with stuff from the local hardware store and kludge up your own,
either out of steel or wood.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'll have the roast duck
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : with the mango salsa...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

I think I may be doing some homemade drawers and shelves....my usual
sources of surplus are coming up empty.

On the Lyon cabinets (which are very well built and why I am willing to
go to the trouble), one could make a homemade bracket to hang drawers
and shelves. I have access to 19" rack slides which are heavy duty and
making a drawer out of wood is simple enough. Considering new the
drawers are between $120 - $200, I can buy alot of wood for that. I can
also do some bending and TIGing to make some specialy drawers where
metal would work better.

I find it interesting that few surplus sources for these drawers have
surfaced. It explains why this type of cabinet (Lyons, Vidmar, Lista)
holds its value in the used market.

TMT

2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor? [email protected] Home Repair 23 November 4th 19 06:18 PM
Help finding old router part Jon Woodworking 14 March 18th 06 11:40 PM
Kitchen Renovation & Kraftmaid cabinets [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 26th 06 03:40 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM