Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default Modular Part Cabinets

I think I may be doing some homemade drawers and shelves....my usual
sources of surplus are coming up empty.

On the Lyon cabinets (which are very well built and why I am willing to
go to the trouble), one could make a homemade bracket to hang drawers
and shelves. I have access to 19" rack slides which are heavy duty and
making a drawer out of wood is simple enough. Considering new the
drawers are between $120 - $200, I can buy alot of wood for that. I can
also do some bending and TIGing to make some specialy drawers where
metal would work better.

I find it interesting that few surplus sources for these drawers have
surfaced. It explains why this type of cabinet (Lyons, Vidmar, Lista)
holds its value in the used market.

TMT