Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default ya never know what's going to come in handy ..

I was recently scrounging idly, mostly looking for stainless kitchen junk for
use in roasting coffee, when I came across a pair of what looked like some
wire-rimmed sunglasses. I tried them on and realized they were in fact reading
glasses, about 2.0 strength. Hmm. Couldn't quite think of a use as I don't do
much map reading in full sunlight, but I broke my rule and brought them home
anyway, price was negligible or free, don't remember.

Yesterday I found myself soldering something pretty teeny, where I had to apply
a little needle of silver-bearing solder in a small place. I remembered the dark
reading glasses, indeed they worked perfectly! Ah-ha.

Moral of the story? Normally I rant and rail against bringing home something you
don't have a use for because that's the way to fill up a home shop with clutter,
but sometimes even I have to admit it does pay off ..

GWE