Dorot29701

Default Handy Man Help Needed

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who
was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone
- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They
should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy
willshak

Dorot29701 wrote:

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who
was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone
- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They
should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

A lot of hardware stores have local business cards displayed somewhere
near the cash register.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy

TURTLE

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who
was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone
- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They
should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy

This is Turtle.

Look in your Local Newspaper under Home Repair and look at the service listing
for job / work on the home. Now some small newspaper have a service man section
where all the different services are lited as to what they do. You will see a
bunch of different type services in one place.

TURTLE

Gini

In article , Dorot29701 says...

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who
was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone
- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They
should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy

====
Check the "Work Wanted" section of your local paper.

Stormin Mormon

Go to your local hardware store. Talk to the clerks, and walk around and
talk with the customers. You'd be amazed how helpful people can be.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone
who
was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend
anyone
- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory?
They
should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy

Default User

Dorot29701 wrote:

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs.
Everyone who was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I
know can recommend anyone - we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a
directory? They should have...I know lots of people who would use

Besides the other suggestions, you can call HandymanConnection (if they
are operating in your city). They'll give you a detailed estimate with
a firm price. That gives you something to use to compare when others
bid the jobs. They might even be the low bidder, although naturally
they have more overhead than a guy working out of his home.

Brian