wallsterr

Default anyone own or use one of these plasma cutters

I've been thinking i could use a plasma cutter for some sheetmetal work
(14ga-20ga) anything larger and i can grind it or oxy-acetylene it. Plasma
cutters seem to vary quite a bit as far as price goes. Although I would
prefer a fancy-smancy one, i'm not sure how much use it would get. I scouted
out the HF special which is made by firepower (i think victor is the
company??) anyway here's a link:
$599.00 and i can get free shipping. If anyone has used this cutter let me
know if it's halfway decent or not. if there is a better choice for a few
dollars more, i am all ears.
thanks in advance,
walt

Keith Marshall

I haven't used one but the manual from the HF site indicates that it's
actually built by Thermal Dynamics and a quick check of the manual for their
Drag-Gun tells me they're the same unit.

http://www.thermadyne.com/tdc/litera...ice/0_2682.pdf
http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...0999/40384.pdf

Compare the 2nd page and the parts breakdowns of both.

I was at an auction last week where there was a well used Drag-Gun for sale
and I had a chance to talk to the owner. He used it only on sheet metal and
said it worked great.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"wallsterr" wrote in message
I've been thinking i could use a plasma cutter for some sheetmetal work
(14ga-20ga) anything larger and i can grind it or oxy-acetylene it. Plasma
cutters seem to vary quite a bit as far as price goes. Although I would
prefer a fancy-smancy one, i'm not sure how much use it would get. I

scouted
out the HF special which is made by firepower (i think victor is the
company??) anyway here's a link:
$599.00 and i can get free shipping. If anyone has used this cutter let me
know if it's halfway decent or not. if there is a better choice for a few
dollars more, i am all ears.
thanks in advance,
walt

Keith Marshall

How much did the used one fetch... just curious.

I wish I could remember for sure. I think it was about $400 + 10% buyer's
premium plus tax.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"wallster" wrote in message
Keith, that's good info. It definiatly looks the same to me. How much did
the used one fetch... just curious.
walt

. com...