Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Default J33 to MT2 Adapter - Strange One

Someone just handed me an adapter to go from Jacobs #33 to Morse Taper #2...
The adapter is female on both ends.

But... He doesn't have any more and doesn't have a clue where he got it.
Anyone out there know where I can but such an animal?

This would allow me to use MT2 tooling on my standard J33 spindle nose
machines... If runout wasn't all that big of a concern that is... I can't
see going that "long" and still having great runout numbers.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

#2... The adapter is female on both ends.

But... He doesn't have any more and doesn't have a clue where he got it.
Anyone out there know where I can but such an animal?

This would allow me to use MT2 tooling on my standard J33 spindle nose
machines... If runout wasn't all that big of a concern that is... I
can't see going that "long" and still having great runout numbers.

Some Delta drill presses use that type of adapter for MT tooling. It's
probably only older models but I don't know for sure. They have a male JT33
spindle nose that's also threaded around the outside. As a chuck or adapter
is screwed on it tightens onto the JT33 taper. They made several different
adapters that fit onto that including one like you mentioned with a female
JT33 at the top with a threaded flange around it and female MT2 on the other
end.

There's a picture in the manual I downloaded for my drill press. I was
going to give you a link for the manual so you could see it but they no
longer have them readily available online. Now you have to register and get
a username and password.

If you're interested email me and I'll send it to you as an attachment.
It's about 1.3 MB.

The part number for the sleeve is 15-833 but the picture I found on one site
for that part number is not the same, although the description seemed right.

They may not work for you though because the threaded flange around the
Jacobs taper may get in the way.

Another option might be to make one out of this:

http://wttool.com/p/1814-0030

You would just need to cut the JT33 in one end, assuming it's long enough.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244
Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
http://www.AutoDrill.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

If you're interested email me and I'll send it to you as an attachment.
It's about 1.3 MB.

If possible, I'd love to take a look at that attachment.

My e-mail will be down for a few hours, but it should be working (not
bouncing) later this afternoon.

bob AT youthelate DOT com
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

I've got one of those.

Want to sell it?

Like you, I'd be a bit leery of runout with that long adapter mounted
on a Jacobs taper. Think I'd change to Morse taper spindles if I
really wanted to be able to use Morse taper tooling.

We hope to be able to have MT spindles in the next 12 months or so... But
not on our present machine. It is simply too large of an OD for us to use
effectively inside our current design.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Martin

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I've got one of those.

Want to sell it?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Thanks for the offer, Joe, but I want to hold on to it.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Thanks for the offer, Joe, but I want to hold on to it.

Well, know that there is one semi-jeaous guy at this end of the internet.

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R