Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Hull

Default leadscrew repair ?

The leadscrew for the cross slide on my 1958 Clausing is worn to the point
the Acme threads now have sharp tops. The Clausing service center wants $405
for a replacement. This is the telescopic screw used with the taper
attachment. The new nut I can afford but not the screw. Is there any way to
repair the screw? Or might anyone have a used one I could buy reasonably?

Thanks

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer