Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bart D. Hull

Default Making glass parts in Phoenix, AZ.

Gentlemen,

I remember reading here that someone that makes glass laboratory
equipment was moving from San Diego to somewhere in the Phoenix, AZ
area. I've always been interested in how glass stuff is made and was
wanting to get in contact with this individual.

Thanks

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MikeMandaville

Hello, Bart,

I don't know the fellow you're looking for, though somebody else might.
I also am interested in learning lampworking, though.

My understanding is that the original lampworking apparatus was an oil
or spirit lamp and a mouth blowpipe. I myself have an alcohol "spirit"
lamp, but no blowpipe, though I've decided that I can make one by first
carving a wooden mandrel into the shape of a tapered cylinder, and then
wrapping some shim metal around it. The only problem is, to solder the
shim metal, I will need a blowpipe! My first generation blowpipe will
therefore probably be pasted together with JB Weld.

Mike Mandaville

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MikeMandaville

I don't ordinarily answer my own posts, although in this case I will
make an exception, because I just discovered that someone has posted
the Gilbert Glassblowing booklet on the internet, and because I want to
post a link to that book:

http://www.glassian.org/Making/Gilbert/fcover.html

This booklet shows how to work soft glass with an alcohol lamp and a
blowpipe, and I am looking forward to reading it myself.

Mike Mandaville

Service Support and Parts Supplies Leonard Caillouet Electronics Repair 15 February 3rd 06 02:10 AM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Glass, double strength - Cutting Help Jon Dogin Home Repair 18 February 21st 05 12:08 AM
Glass for fireplace Stephen Gower UK diy 2 June 30th 04 03:57 PM
cutting glass tubing Ken Sterling Metalworking 33 June 27th 04 06:48 AM