Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MikeMandaville

Default Making glass parts in Phoenix, AZ.

Hello, Bart,

I don't know the fellow you're looking for, though somebody else might.
I also am interested in learning lampworking, though.

My understanding is that the original lampworking apparatus was an oil
or spirit lamp and a mouth blowpipe. I myself have an alcohol "spirit"
lamp, but no blowpipe, though I've decided that I can make one by first
carving a wooden mandrel into the shape of a tapered cylinder, and then
wrapping some shim metal around it. The only problem is, to solder the
shim metal, I will need a blowpipe! My first generation blowpipe will
therefore probably be pasted together with JB Weld.

Mike Mandaville