Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Default Harbor Freight Robin Subaru Generator ?

I really want a Honda EB3800 wheelbarrow style generator but don't have $2K
to spend. I noticed this generator at the local HF:

It has a nice Robin Subaru engine driving a Made in China generator. I
realize this generator has two 2000W 120V circuits, instead of one 4000W
120V circuit. But I think that may be adequate for my needs--home backup
and occasional use at the job site (aka yard). While I wouldn't be using it
every day, I do want something that will last a long time. I have no doubt
the Subaru engine is up to the task, but I wonder about the generator head.

I have a 20% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket (from
harborfreightusa.com).

Any comments? Am I throwing my money away?