Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

Default Harbor Freight Robin Subaru Generator ?

Can't say about the gen set per se, but the robin Suburu engine is a
great engine. A friend of ours bought two bright yellow gas powered
gen sets off Ebay, which are nothing more than cheap copies of the
typical honda motors and generator sets. In a pic they look great, but
up close they look very crude to say the least. He bought two just in
case......Well both those gen sets have been used hard, very hard in
fact and during huricane Ivan, they ran for weeks on end unti power
was restored.. Same with this past year and Katrina.......they work,
work fine, and seem to hold up. Me, I am still skeptical on china
made stuff, especialy when the distributor is next to impossible to
find as its ineviteable parts will be needed sometime or other.....

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:45:19 -0600, "AL" wrote:
I really want a Honda EB3800 wheelbarrow style generator but don't have $2K
to spend. I noticed this generator at the local HF:

It has a nice Robin Subaru engine driving a Made in China generator. I
realize this generator has two 2000W 120V circuits, instead of one 4000W
120V circuit. But I think that may be adequate for my needs--home backup
and occasional use at the job site (aka yard). While I wouldn't be using it
every day, I do want something that will last a long time. I have no doubt
the Subaru engine is up to the task, but I wonder about the generator head.

I have a 20% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket (from
harborfreightusa.com).

Any comments? Am I throwing my money away?

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....