Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default Any foor switch recommendation

I am on the market for a foot switch for my belt grinder.
Switch will be connected to a VFD so voltage going through switch is
pretty low - 24V
Do you guys have any recommendations for me? (brand, model etc )
I appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you let us know where you are located, you might even get a free
foot switch. Anywhere near Redmond, Oregon?

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A.

Alex wrote:
I am on the market for a foot switch for my belt grinder.
Switch will be connected to a VFD so voltage going through switch is
pretty low - 24V
Do you guys have any recommendations for me? (brand, model etc )
I appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Alex

I have used a bunch of these:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...6986&cc item=

The electrical stuff stays in the machine. It connects to the machine
with a hose, air actuates the switch (the foot pedal is a bellows that
actuates an airswitch). Simple and rugged. Not sure it is the best thing
out there, but have worked for me.

-AL A.