Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A.

Default Bill's Tool Crib, Revisited...

Some of you may recall that I posted a request about the company above
a few days back, asking if any of you had dealt with them.
In the off chance that anyone is interested, I placed an order with
them for a wedge type AXA QC toolpost set, an extra tool holder and a
parting blade. about $148.00 total, with free shipping. Pretty good
price, IMHO.

I placed the order via phone. Phone got answered on the second ring by
a real human. They get a few points in my book for that. He took my
order, I paid with a credit card. He said it would go out via USPS
priority 2-3 day. A few days later, i had not gotten my stuff. I called
back, the same guy answered, took my info ( he actually remembered my
first call) and said he would look into it and call back. First thing
the next morning, he called back, apologized profusley for mistakenly
failing to enter my order, and assured me that it would go out that day
or the next, and he sent me an email thanking me for my paitence and my
business. That was this past Thursday, and in todays mail, I got my
package. The toolpost and holders are asian stuff, of course, and look
entirely serviceable and actually not badly made. It appears to be as
good as any of the Phase II stuff I have see or used, and fits the few
stray aloris toolholders that I have perfectly. Pretty good bang for the
buck, I think.

A good experience with Bill's Tool Crib, I would say. Good prices,
fixed my problem, answers the phone. not bad.

All standard disclaimers, no interest, just a satisfied customer, etc...

FYI.

-AL A.

Patent that toolpath boys, oops, too late. Guy Fawkes Metalworking 47 January 12th 06 07:32 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Surface finish [email protected] Metalworking 14 June 20th 04 12:04 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM