Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Default Where to get decent snap-ring pliers

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring
pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent
brand?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring
pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent
brand?

Try the SK model 7655 convertable. Or KD International Model KD 455 and KD
456.

SK has lots more models than just that one, as does KD Int. They range from
cheapies you won't be happy with to some pretty nice ones. I have an
ancient INt/Ext. set of KD's that my dad gave me over 25 years ago, and
they were old then. Still work just fine.

--

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:13:24 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim
Stewart quickly quoth:

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring
pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent
brand?

I had a few KD tip-holddowns break on me (yes, I abused them on
occasion) but the Snap-On pliers are still going. Both are decent
brands. The KDs had multiple replaceable tip sets, a nice option.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec18.html

Thanks Dan and Larry. I bought a Snap-on
set on ebay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:00:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:13:24 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim
Stewart quickly quoth:

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring
pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent
brand?

I had a few KD tip-holddowns break on me (yes, I abused them on
occasion) but the Snap-On pliers are still going. Both are decent
brands. The KDs had multiple replaceable tip sets, a nice option.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec18.html

Im following this thread with interest as I use snap ring pliers at
least once a week repairing machine tools. And the Harbor Freight ones
are weak and soft for commercial use. I had a Channel Lock set that I
really liked, that went west with the theif that busted into my truck
in 2000.

Ive looked over ebay..and the good ones are too exensive for me at
present, so I think its time to start hitting the swap meets again for
hand tools.

While nice..I really dont need all the tip assortments. Most of my
ID/OD rings are easily acessable and I dont mind carrying a couple or
4 different types/sizes

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan

What's that Lassie? You say that Gunner fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:10:01 GMT:

Im following this thread with interest as I use snap ring pliers at
least once a week repairing machine tools. And the Harbor Freight ones
are weak and soft for commercial use. I had a Channel Lock set that I
really liked, that went west with the theif that busted into my truck
in 2000.

Ive looked over ebay..and the good ones are too exensive for me at
present, so I think its time to start hitting the swap meets again for
hand tools.

While nice..I really dont need all the tip assortments. Most of my
ID/OD rings are easily acessable and I dont mind carrying a couple or
4 different types/sizes

Gunner

I like to get a few pairs of cheap needle nose pliers at the dollar
store and grind the tips to fit snap rings. You can heat and bend
them too, if you need to get into tight places.

Dan H.
--

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug

snap on.

i'm sure mac is good also.

universal joints for ratchet extensions and snap ring pliers I buy from
the magic tool trucks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
~Roy~

I can tell you where not to buy them...Harbor Freight!

KD used to make a decent set at one time. I have not seen that brand
in years so I do not know if it even exists anymore.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....