Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Where to get decent snap-ring pliers

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:00:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:13:24 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim
Stewart quickly quoth:

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring
pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent
brand?

I had a few KD tip-holddowns break on me (yes, I abused them on
occasion) but the Snap-On pliers are still going. Both are decent
brands. The KDs had multiple replaceable tip sets, a nice option.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec18.html

Im following this thread with interest as I use snap ring pliers at
least once a week repairing machine tools. And the Harbor Freight ones
are weak and soft for commercial use. I had a Channel Lock set that I
really liked, that went west with the theif that busted into my truck
in 2000.

Ive looked over ebay..and the good ones are too exensive for me at
present, so I think its time to start hitting the swap meets again for
hand tools.

While nice..I really dont need all the tip assortments. Most of my
ID/OD rings are easily acessable and I dont mind carrying a couple or
4 different types/sizes

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3