Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
mm

Default Drill leaks electricity to case

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:08:04 GMT, Ignoramus3408
wrote:

I have this Black and Decker 450 RPM drill:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/450-rpm-drill.jpg

When plugged into a GFCI outlet, it leaks electricity to ground and
pops the GFCI breaker. The leak is substantial, I believe, however
when plugged into a regular breaker (and handled with caution
appropriate for leaks to case), it actually works and does not blow
the breaker. So, I think, the leak is limited in extent.

My question is, what is the most likely culprit and how to approach
repair of it.

My another question is, what would be a typical application of this
drill. I am trying to decide if I need it for anything.

If the other guy doesn't live nearby, I live in Baltimore and I'd be
glad to have it if you can't fi.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.