Metalworking (rec.crafts.metalworking) Discuss various aspects of working with metal, such as machining, welding, metal joining, screwing, casting, hardening/tempering, blacksmithing/forging, spinning and hammer work, sheet metal work.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Erland
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Hey folks, this newsgroup always has people with such a broad range of
knowledge. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea if the year and model of
the Moto Guzzi at the web site
http://www.dieselkrad.info/index.php...r =cortenbach .
Thanks, Paul Erland


  #2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Zebee Johnstone
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

In rec.crafts.metalworking on Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:45:57 GMT
Paul Erland wrote:
Hey folks, this newsgroup always has people with such a broad range of
knowledge. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea if the year and model of
the Moto Guzzi at the web site
http://www.dieselkrad.info/index.php...r =cortenbach .


It's a special - not a Guzzi model. Just uses Guzzi running gear.

I seem to recall it uses a loopframe, V7 bits I think, Ambassador in
the US, and a car motor.

Zebee
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Paul Erland wrote:

Hey folks, this newsgroup always has people with such a broad range of
knowledge. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea if the year and model of
the Moto Guzzi at the web site


It ain't a Guzzi. It is a DIY bike.
It uses Guzzi parts. The stretched frame is from a V7. The engine is a 3
cylinder turbo diesel from a Daihatsu Charade. Project was finished nov.
1999.

Ni-just translating-ck
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
DIY-DRO - YADRO - Eigenbau-Digitalanzeige
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ff
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Paul Erland wrote:

Hey folks, this newsgroup always has people with such a broad range of
knowledge. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea if the year and model of
the Moto Guzzi at the web site
http://www.dieselkrad.info/index.php...r =cortenbach .
Thanks, Paul Erland




The website says V7 but it could be a V700 which was the predecessor of
the V7.
If the solo seat is stock, it probably started life as a police bike. Of
course that isn't the stock engine. The Guzzi parts are from the late 60's.

Fred
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Erland
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

I realize that it is a modified Guzzi. The info I have is that the frame is
stretched 15". The engine is an industrial diesel. I'm considering a
similiar diesel engine motorcycle. I like the style of the bike and was
wondering what he started with. I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto
guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry clutches will simplify connecting to a
longitudinal crank diesel.




  #6   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Paul Erland wrote:

I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry
clutches will simplify connecting to a longitudinal crank diesel.


Oh, and put a V8 BMW-engine in it. Someone did allready. Looks ... kinda
.... "powerfull" and it's what would be called "stretched". :-))


Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
DIY-DRO // Eigenbau-Digitalanzeige
http://www.yadro.de
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ff
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Paul Erland wrote:

I realize that it is a modified Guzzi. The info I have is that the frame is
stretched 15". The engine is an industrial diesel. I'm considering a
similiar diesel engine motorcycle. I like the style of the bike and was
wondering what he started with. I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto
guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry clutches will simplify connecting to a
longitudinal crank diesel.




I have done engine transplants before, a couple of four-wheeled vehicles
and one motorcycle.
However, I don't understand why a diesel is a desirable choice for the
donor powerplant.
Is it just the novelty of it, or is there some functional advantage?

Fred
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:45:30 GMT, ff wrote:
Paul Erland wrote:


I realize that it is a modified Guzzi. The info I have is that the frame is
stretched 15". The engine is an industrial diesel. I'm considering a
similiar diesel engine motorcycle. I like the style of the bike and was
wondering what he started with. I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto
guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry clutches will simplify connecting to a
longitudinal crank diesel.


I have done engine transplants before, a couple of four-wheeled vehicles
and one motorcycle. However, I don't understand why a diesel is a desirable
choice for the donor powerplant. Is it just the novelty of it, or is there
some functional advantage?


It depends on the person doing and owning the end results, but a few
of the reasons I can list:
They want to run on vegetable oil Bio-Diesel for "Green" reasons.
They want to squeeze every mile of range or MPG out of their fuel -
Drive all day on one tank.
They have a farm tank at their main yard or otherwise want to use one
common fuel source for everything. (This is the NATO Military reason
- they want to simplify the supply lines.)

-- Bruce --

--
Bruce L. Bergman, Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) CA - Desktop
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Spamtrapped address: Remove the python and the invalid, and use a net.
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Erland
 
Posts: n/a
Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Why? For me it is an even mix of mileage and vegetable oil. Just so I can
laugh at the oil companies and not necessarily for "green" reasons. The
novelty and challenge enter the equation to I suppose.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to identify component on Dell Inspiron 5100 motherboard? Mike Electronics Repair 2 May 2nd 05 09:07 PM
Identify logo - hysteresis shape? P.R.Brady Electronics Repair 2 February 2nd 05 03:57 PM
Identify this type of non-return valve? Richard Sterry UK diy 8 November 12th 04 10:01 AM
Looking to identify a wood Carl Swanson Woodworking 13 January 18th 04 10:47 PM
Please identify this memory Mike Tomlinson Electronics Repair 2 October 18th 03 05:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"