Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ff

Default can you identify this moto guzzi

Paul Erland wrote:

I realize that it is a modified Guzzi. The info I have is that the frame is
stretched 15". The engine is an industrial diesel. I'm considering a
similiar diesel engine motorcycle. I like the style of the bike and was
wondering what he started with. I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto
guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry clutches will simplify connecting to a
longitudinal crank diesel.

I have done engine transplants before, a couple of four-wheeled vehicles
and one motorcycle.
However, I don't understand why a diesel is a desirable choice for the
donor powerplant.
Is it just the novelty of it, or is there some functional advantage?

Fred