Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tables with circular pattern

I've seen steel tables with a circular pattern applied to them... This
looks as though some type of circular tool has repeatedly produced a
circular 'swirl' effect on the steel. Each circle appears to be
layered/applied on top of the previous one as if this is a single tool
producing each circle in sequence. (each circle is about 50mm diameter
on a 1m x 1m table and applied in straight rows/columns).

I'm hoping someone understands what I am trying to explain and has seen
this type of effect before... and can cofirm how it is produced.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Engine turning. Easy to do with homemade tooling and carborundum
powder. I've seen it done with a #2 lead pencil, applying the abrasive
to the eraser and chucking the pencil into a drill press. You set the
stops to a little less than the diameter of the eraser.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

wrote:
I've seen steel tables with a circular pattern applied to them... This
looks as though some type of circular tool has repeatedly produced a
circular 'swirl' effect on the steel. Each circle appears to be
layered/applied on top of the previous one as if this is a single tool
producing each circle in sequence. (each circle is about 50mm diameter
on a 1m x 1m table and applied in straight rows/columns).

I'm hoping someone understands what I am trying to explain and has seen
this type of effect before... and can cofirm how it is produced.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

yeh thats the one! I just put engine turning into google images and
thats what it is. Cheers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've seen steel tables with a circular pattern applied to them... This
looks as though some type of circular tool has repeatedly produced a
circular 'swirl' effect on the steel. Each circle appears to be
layered/applied on top of the previous one as if this is a single tool
producing each circle in sequence. (each circle is about 50mm diameter
on a 1m x 1m table and applied in straight rows/columns).

I'm hoping someone understands what I am trying to explain and has seen
this type of effect before... and can cofirm how it is produced.

Thanks.

Jewelling. http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal/eturn.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

yeh I'm trying to find some online videos of it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

test.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On 27 Feb 2006 12:28:59 -0800, wrote:
test.

Failed. If you had used alt.test, you'd get autoresponses from around
the world as your message goes out.