Richard

Default Columbia Clic laminate pattern problem

I am installing Columbia Clic Wood laminate flooring in 2 large rooms
in our home. The pattern we chose is called Red Oak Road Chesnut. When
we opened the boxes of laminate we found a weird pattern on 3 out of 7
boards. Every one who sees it says its damaged. It's some kind of
pattern running almost perpendicular to the wood grain. It's on top of
the wood grain pattern, and therefore interupts the wood pattern where
ever it shows up. Columbia says no, it really is supposed to look this
way. When I point out that none of their samples, brochures, or
beautiful web pictures have anything like my wood, they say, well that
cannot be helped they cannot show everything in their samples. (But I
have it in 3 out of 7 boards).
I'd be glad to email a photo of my laminate to anyone who would like
to see it.
Has anyone else installed this particular pattern of Columbia Clic?