Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default tables with circular pattern

Engine turning. Easy to do with homemade tooling and carborundum
powder. I've seen it done with a #2 lead pencil, applying the abrasive
to the eraser and chucking the pencil into a drill press. You set the
stops to a little less than the diameter of the eraser.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

wrote:
I've seen steel tables with a circular pattern applied to them... This
looks as though some type of circular tool has repeatedly produced a
circular 'swirl' effect on the steel. Each circle appears to be
layered/applied on top of the previous one as if this is a single tool
producing each circle in sequence. (each circle is about 50mm diameter
on a 1m x 1m table and applied in straight rows/columns).

I'm hoping someone understands what I am trying to explain and has seen
this type of effect before... and can cofirm how it is produced.

Thanks.