Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul

Default 2nd day of Metal working class...grinding cutting tools

Well tonight we started grinding our cutting tools and I've just gained
even more respect for you guys that can properly grind a tool out.
Seems to me it might take me a while to figure this out. ( a while being
years.)

Getting an edge down to just "one" grinding face showing is hard to do.
I'm guessing a steadier hand is probably what I need.

What kind of tricks do you guys use to grind your tools? What face do you
start
with. (I think I had a nice grimace going all night.)

This is using 3/8" cold rolled square material...

Thanks,
Paul