Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to: Using a Lathe and/or Mill

Is anyone aware of any good DVDs or VHS tapes on the subject of using
Lathes and/or Mills?

You can't do any better than visual demonstrations, and there doesn't
seem to be much out there on these subjects.

(And taking a class/course is *not* an option for me).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ

Get the Southbend book. How to operate a Lathe.
Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

We used the AGI tapes as instructional material in the machining
classes I taught. Students could check out and watch at home,
and then apply in the lab.

see:
http://www.machineshopcourse.com/

Prices seem a little high, but there is a lot of material
compared to the less expensive tape sets. I understand there are
web sites that will rent you the tapes and you might check to see
if you can obtain on interlibrary loan.

Uncle George

On 21 Jan 2006 13:46:15 -0800, wrote:

Is anyone aware of any good DVDs or VHS tapes on the subject of using
Lathes and/or Mills?

You can't do any better than visual demonstrations, and there doesn't
seem to be much out there on these subjects.

(And taking a class/course is *not* an option for me).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
We used the AGI tapes as instructional material in the machining
classes I taught. Students could check out and watch at home,
and then apply in the lab.

see:
http://www.machineshopcourse.com/

Prices seem a little high, but there is a lot of material
compared to the less expensive tape sets. I understand there are
web sites that will rent you the tapes and you might check to see
if you can obtain on interlibrary loan.

Uncle George

Google this group for technical rentals. Someone was offering a rental by
mail deal in the last year or two.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:32:15 -0500, the renowned "ATP*"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
.. .
We used the AGI tapes as instructional material in the machining
classes I taught. Students could check out and watch at home,
and then apply in the lab.

see:
http://www.machineshopcourse.com/

Prices seem a little high, but there is a lot of material
compared to the less expensive tape sets. I understand there are
web sites that will rent you the tapes and you might check to see
if you can obtain on interlibrary loan.

Uncle George

Google this group for technical rentals. Someone was offering a rental by
mail deal in the last year or two.

http://technicalvideorental.com/rental_0.html

Great folks to deal with.

Best regards,