Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default How to: Using a Lathe and/or Mill

We used the AGI tapes as instructional material in the machining
classes I taught. Students could check out and watch at home,
and then apply in the lab.

see:
http://www.machineshopcourse.com/

Prices seem a little high, but there is a lot of material
compared to the less expensive tape sets. I understand there are
web sites that will rent you the tapes and you might check to see
if you can obtain on interlibrary loan.

Uncle George

On 21 Jan 2006 13:46:15 -0800, wrote:

Is anyone aware of any good DVDs or VHS tapes on the subject of using
Lathes and/or Mills?

You can't do any better than visual demonstrations, and there doesn't
seem to be much out there on these subjects.

(And taking a class/course is *not* an option for me).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York