Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Walmart

"Ignoramus12063" wrote in message
I used to feel, and with some reasons, that Walmart was an honest
company providing us the benefits of its efficiency and purchasing
power.

I no longer think so and do not regard walmart as a trustworthy
company, based on my personal experiences with the following.

1. "Smart battery chargers" are worse than stupid battery chargers,
turning off at various times based on wrong (in my opinion) charging
algorithm.

2. Their soldering iron does not solder anything.

3. Their battery jumper cable was complete trash and basically fell
apart and was very bad. (I need a decent jumper cable by the way,
something made for real users).

I had a few other experiences with their stuff made just to barely
survive light use. Perhaps it is OK for people who use things very
lightly, but they do not work well for me. I am not in any way a
"tough user", just trying to do things as they were intended to be
done, like solder wires or jump car batteries. I have resolved to buy
better stuff and pay more than walmart prices if necessary.

Had to get this off my chest.

Whenever I need a part for a car, I go to NAPA or CarQuest, or someplace
like that. Checker, Autozone, etc, are good for fluids, and a few other
items, but when I want something that will last, and I know is made better
than their Chinese crap, I go to a different supplier.

It is the same with Walmart stuff.

STeve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:12:47 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Whenever I need a part for a car, I go to NAPA or CarQuest, or someplace
like that. Checker, Autozone, etc, are good for fluids, and a few other
items, but when I want something that will last, and I know is made better
than their Chinese crap, I go to a different supplier.

Better start looking at those NAPA boxes- a lot of their stuff is now
hecho en chine (sp).
A local garage switched to AutoZone for a lot of parts-the owner says
they have a much lower failure rate than NAPA stuff.

-Carl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Steve B wrote:
Whenever I need a part for a car, I go to NAPA or CarQuest, or someplace
like that. Checker, Autozone, etc, are good for fluids, and a few other
items, but when I want something that will last, and I know is made better
than their Chinese crap, I go to a different supplier.

Add Parts Plus to that list. Please

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Program Director
WM Automotive
Fort Worth
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:41:39 -0600, Rex B
wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Whenever I need a part for a car, I go to NAPA or CarQuest, or someplace
like that. Checker, Autozone, etc, are good for fluids, and a few other
items, but when I want something that will last, and I know is made better
than their Chinese crap, I go to a different supplier.

Add Parts Plus to that list. Please

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Program Director
WM Automotive
Fort Worth

Which list should we add it to? The first list (good parts
suppliers) or the second (cheesy chrome trim, mudflaps, seatcovers and
gewgaws stores) list? Please elaborate - use as many bytes as
necessary.

But be warned, I buy odd (stuff) on a regular basis. Like AC PF4,
Gates TR22401 and TR22657, Purolator L20700... ;-)

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Whenever I need a part for a car, I go to NAPA or CarQuest, or someplace
like that. Checker, Autozone, etc, are good for fluids, and a few other
items, but when I want something that will last, and I know is made better
than their Chinese crap, I go to a different supplier.

Add Parts Plus to that list. Please

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Program Director
WM Automotive
Fort Worth

Which list should we add it to? The first list (good parts
suppliers) or the second (cheesy chrome trim, mudflaps, seatcovers and
gewgaws stores) list? Please elaborate - use as many bytes as
necessary.

The former, please. Most Parts Plus stores, at least ours, are
independent Mom & Pop stores run by people with some mechanical
knowledge and a stake in their community.

But be warned, I buy odd (stuff) on a regular basis. Like AC PF4,
Gates TR22401 and TR22657, Purolator L20700... ;-)

You're our kinda guy, come on in!

Rex

Walmart John Normile Metalworking 84 February 22nd 06 06:59 AM
Walmart Tom Gardner Metalworking 16 January 21st 06 03:55 AM
Walmart Jim Insolo Metalworking 3 January 19th 06 07:52 PM
walmart power tools opinions Eli Sucks Home Repair 12 December 31st 04 07:41 AM