Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Insolo

Default Walmart

If your battery went dead due to a momentary lapse and you left your lights
on overnight, then their cables are fine. However, if you are constantly
jumping/and or charging your battery because you have a system problem, then
either fix the problem or go and buy a set of professional cables. Same
goes for any other products.
PS- In answer to your other unspoken question, NO -Sam Walton did not start
this company just to deceive you.

"Ignoramus12063" wrote in message
I used to feel, and with some reasons, that Walmart was an honest
company providing us the benefits of its efficiency and purchasing
power.

I no longer think so and do not regard walmart as a trustworthy
company, based on my personal experiences with the following.

1. "Smart battery chargers" are worse than stupid battery chargers,
turning off at various times based on wrong (in my opinion) charging
algorithm.

2. Their soldering iron does not solder anything.

3. Their battery jumper cable was complete trash and basically fell
apart and was very bad. (I need a decent jumper cable by the way,
something made for real users).

I had a few other experiences with their stuff made just to barely
survive light use. Perhaps it is OK for people who use things very
lightly, but they do not work well for me. I am not in any way a
"tough user", just trying to do things as they were intended to be
done, like solder wires or jump car batteries. I have resolved to buy
better stuff and pay more than walmart prices if necessary.

Had to get this off my chest.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

PS- In answer to your other unspoken question, NO -Sam Walton did not

start
this company just to deceive you.

I think that something changed in the last 5 years.

Something changed when Sam died.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Insolo

Jumper cables from Wal-Mart- 6.95- used 10 times over 4 years- 69.5 cents
per use or 1.73 per year- looks like you got full value for your money-
beats calling a tow truck 10 times.
If they are now junk, dump them and spend another 6.95 for the next 4 years
emergencies.
( or go to Starbucks and spend the 6.95 on a mocha latte and a donut which
will turn to s**t in about 20 minutes.)

"Ignoramus30644" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:50:56 GMT, Jim Insolo wrote:
If your battery went dead due to a momentary lapse and you left your

lights
on overnight, then their cables are fine. However, if you are

constantly
jumping/and or charging your battery because you have a system problem,

then
either fix the problem or go and buy a set of professional cables. Same
goes for any other products.

You see, the issue with the battery cable is as follows. The
insulation went bad and is fraying in a very ugly manner. It looks
like cheap rubber that is all cracked and hardened. The clamps are
**** and already fell apart, I had to fix them, they do not grab
anything. The cable is very inflexible and awkward to use. A huge
disappointment. It's not so much that I use it too often, I used it
perhaps 10 times in 4 years, tops, but it is falling apart from just
aging and being in my truck and it was never good to begin with.

I am thinking about buying a mcmaster item 7234K15 instead.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

There was a disturbance in the force.

Walmart Tom Gardner Metalworking 16 January 21st 06 03:55 AM
He said No to Walmart Gunner Asch Metalworking 16 January 3rd 06 03:25 PM
WalMart redux Charlie Self Woodworking 102 December 8th 05 12:19 AM
walmart power tools opinions Eli Sucks Home Repair 12 December 31st 04 07:41 AM