Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

Default parting out cyberwave 300s

Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Bill wrote:

Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.

Gee, before scrapping a decent welder, you might at least try to figure
out if any major parts are missing. Maybe the previous user took the
fan out because he was only doing low-current welds, and hated the noise.
Anyway, if the rest of the welder is working, it would be a shame to
scrap a decent TIG machine just because a fan was missing.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:07:53 GMT, Ignoramus31848
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:46:05 -0600, Bill wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote:
Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.

Bill, where are you located?

Panhandle of Texas, so you must be right around the corner.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:12:24 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Bill wrote:

Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.

Gee, before scrapping a decent welder, you might at least try to figure
out if any major parts are missing. Maybe the previous user took the
fan out because he was only doing low-current welds, and hated the noise.
Anyway, if the rest of the welder is working, it would be a shame to
scrap a decent TIG machine just because a fan was missing.

Jon

I dont want to spend any money on manuals. I still havent got 3 phase
power to test it. Its damn heavy and its taken up space that I can use
for other things.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:46:05 -0600, Bill wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote:
Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.

Bill, where are you located?

Panhandle of Texas, so you must be right around the corner.

Ok. Now I'm interested. Cyberwave must be a newer machine than mine.
Got any more details and possible price range.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:46:26 GMT, Ignoramus5478
wrote:

Bill, I am curious, if you do not mind sharing, what is the ebay item
number for this one. I recall a CyberWave 300 being on ebay for a
while, but it is no longer in completed items.

I am interested in boards for it, if not in more stuff or even the
whole unit (and I know that it is a parts unit).

It was over a year ago. It was out of wichita kansas. I was picking
up some other stuff in Kansas so it wasnt far out of my way.
I dont know what the item is anymore.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:46:05 -0600, Bill wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote:
Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was
running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I
dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I
can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts.
Circa 1986.

Bill, where are you located?

Panhandle of Texas, so you must be right around the corner.

Ok. Now I'm interested. Cyberwave must be a newer machine than mine.
Got any more details and possible price range.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

Looks like the same chassis as the older hobart machines.
It is a squarewave machine where you can adjust the wave.
I would like to get 120 bucks for it. Which is about a fourth of what
I paid. (but I was paying for a functioning unit)
You are a couple hours away from me. I am in Borger TX.

Like I said it looks like the fan is missing. If I had three phase I
would probably mess with it.
I can take some pictures if you wish.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:09:32 GMT, Ignoramus5478
wrote:

What is its weight, I would like to checkwith AAA Cooper. I have a
cybertig with a fan.

wrote:

Bill, I am curious, if you do not mind sharing, what is the ebay item
number for this one. I recall a CyberWave 300 being on ebay for a
while, but it is no longer in completed items.

I am interested in boards for it, if not in more stuff or even the
whole unit (and I know that it is a parts unit).

It was over a year ago. It was out of wichita kansas. I was picking
up some other stuff in Kansas so it wasnt far out of my way.
I dont know what the item is anymore.

I am assuming it is about the same weight as the cyber tig . I used a
forklift to unload. I would say its over 400 lbs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

wrote:

[...]

Sold. I can salvage a couple of parts out of it for my CyberTIG and
pay for that so it's not much of a gamble for me. We'll have to work
out a time for me to come pick it up. I assume you've got some way to
load it (if not I can work around that as well).

Like I said it looks like the fan is missing. If I had three phase I
would probably mess with it.

No problem here. I've got three phase from the pole.

I can take some pictures if you wish.

No need.

Before gutting it..contact Dennis at www.arcowelder.com

He has quite a pile of Cyber stuff out in the bone yard.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

wrote:

[...]

One way or the other , I should be able to load it.
drop me a line via email when its getting close to time for you to
show up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

wrote:

[...]

Ok. Will do. Prefer a weekend myself if it works for you.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

wrote:

[...]

Weekends work best for me also. What timeframe are you looking at.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

wrote:

One way or the other , I should be able to load it.
drop me a line via email when its getting close to time for you to
show up.

I was going to ask if you thought we'd be able to load it on the
back of a flat bed pickup. I'd rather not have to bring my trailer if
I don't have to. It will mean lifting it higher though.

Actually if worst comes to worst I could probably build a set of
poles to go on the hay lift of the truck I'll be bringing which would
load it. That might delay me another week though (to have time to
build them).

Ok. Will do. Prefer a weekend myself if it works for you.

Weekends work best for me also. What timeframe are you looking at.

Short of some emergency coming up I was thinking this Sun. I've been
waiting to closer to the weekend just to try and see what kind of
schedule I'd have (It's really hard to for me to schedule anything in
my line of work, everybody is always coming in with one "emergency" or
another).

BTW my email address is valid. I was going to email you tonight to
try and get some details worked out.