Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
CAMCOMPCO

Default I'm looking for a shaper

First off, happy new year to all......

I live in the Chicago area, if anyone has a nice running small (8" or
so) shaper they might be willing to sell, please fire me an email. I
have been looking, but all I have seen is not near me ans shipping cost
as much as the darn shaper. I'm looking for a "good to excellent
condition" machine within a hundred or so miles (might go a bit further
if needed)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to contact me. Please send some
photos and a ballpark price.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

John,

You might want to check Lost Creek Machine in Ottawa periodically or even
email them and express your interest:

www.lostcreekmachine.com

Also Pete Welszen (sp? - PKE in Libertyville) is a pretty good guy to deal
with.

Mike

"CAMCOMPCO" wrote in message
ups.com...
First off, happy new year to all......

I live in the Chicago area, if anyone has a nice running small (8" or
so) shaper they might be willing to sell, please fire me an email. I
have been looking, but all I have seen is not near me ans shipping cost
as much as the darn shaper. I'm looking for a "good to excellent
condition" machine within a hundred or so miles (might go a bit further
if needed)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to contact me. Please send some
photos and a ballpark price.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul G. Shultz

There's a 7 inch shaper for sale in Tonawanda on eBay right now with a
buy it now price of $250.00. Search for metal shaper and you will see
it below the girdels.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
CAMCOMPCO

Thanks guys, I called lostcreek and talked to the guy, nice guy...he is
looking for one, will call me. Paul, I am looking into shipping
charges on this...thanks for the heads-up :-)

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

The folks at Lost Creek *are* pretty nice and will even deliver within a
reasonable distance of Ottawa (IL).

"CAMCOMPCO" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks guys, I called lostcreek and talked to the guy, nice guy...he is
looking for one, will call me. Paul, I am looking into shipping
charges on this...thanks for the heads-up :-)

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 12 Jan 2006 07:10:26 -0800, "CAMCOMPCO"
wrote:

Thanks guys, I called lostcreek and talked to the guy, nice guy...he is
looking for one, will call me. Paul, I am looking into shipping
charges on this...thanks for the heads-up :-)

John

Too bad you are not in California. Ive got access to a very nice 16"
Gemco shaper you could get for a bit more than pocket change

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

John,

Since the Chicago area is "Tool Central" for the upper Midwest I would
start placing some "wanted" adds in the local paper and on Craigslist.

Good luck with the hunt.

TMT