AL

Default Opensided Shaper or Planer ?

I found item 7537241053 on ebay while looking for a shaper. (I'm not
affiliated with the seller.) The seller says it is a "hydraulic openside
shaper". It appears that the head remains stationary while the table moves.
Is this actually a shaper or a small planer? I have no way of moving 12,500
pounds so I'll have to pass regardless of price.

Fred R

AL wrote:
I found item 7537241053 on ebay while looking for a shaper. (I'm not
affiliated with the seller.) The seller says it is a "hydraulic openside
shaper". It appears that the head remains stationary while the table moves.
Is this actually a shaper or a small planer? I have no way of moving 12,500
pounds so I'll have to pass regardless of price.

I'd call that a planer. Like you, I don't have room for it

but I still want it!
its only 45 minutes from me
SWMBO would Not Be Amused
did you see the frosting on the ways?
....sigh
--
Fred R
________________

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:01:50 -0400, the renowned "Adam Smith"
wrote:

I've been drooling on that listing, too. And I won't be bidding, either.
Deep sigh.

Adam
Midland, ON

Went for five hundred bux. Sad.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
AL

There was a Rockford hydraulic shaper (28" I think) in seemingly mint
condition on eBay in Michigan a few months ago which went for under $500.
But I didn't have the space or the means to lift something that heavy so I
had to pass on it too.

wrote:

I've been drooling on that listing, too. And I won't be bidding, either.
Deep sigh.

Adam
Midland, ON

Went for five hundred bux. Sad.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

Bob Engelhardt

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
Went for five hundred bux. Sad.

Works out to 4 cents a pound!

JOINTING WITH A PLANER J T Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 11:54 PM
My new old Rhodes shaper ! DaveK Metalworking 6 September 6th 04 04:40 PM
DIY planer blade sharpening revisitied:-) Lyndell Thompson Woodworking 0 March 25th 04 03:15 AM
Wide Planer, or Compact Planer + Wide Sander? Nate B Woodworking 5 January 21st 04 08:19 PM
DeWalt 735 planer review. BRFordJr Woodworking 11 December 16th 03 03:44 PM