Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary

Default Refilling small propane cylinders

Well I suckered for it. Bought the HF brass fitting whereby you can
transfer some propane from your barbeque type bottle to your hand held
flask.
Tried it, BUT, it only fills the flask to about 10%±. I'm just guessing by
weight.
The flask in this instance does have a shrader valve on it and I could pull
a vacuum prior to filling. Would this be of great help? If I inverted the
pair of tanks would I be able to get liquid into the tank? I would be happy
if I could get near the 50% mark. Son-in-law is going through a lot of this
stuff doing candle art.

Advice appreciated. BTW, did give it about a half hour. It does fill, but
not much.

Ivan Vegvary