Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default Minor tool gloat

Hi,

Bought me a VFD today. As a replacement for the christmas socks that
-even those- I didn't get.

It is a brandnew SIEMENS MicroMaster MM37 one phase to 3 phase, 370
Watts. When I took it home and quicky connected it to my little 6mm
benchtop drill press, I saw how cool it is. Lots of parameters to set.
Nearly 100. Serial input. You can tweak for hours. (But don't have to.
Works right out of the box.) Like masking out resonance frequencys,
assigning digital input ports to switch motor direction, assigning a
variable resistor to adjust speed, add and configure a breaking resistor
etc. And, all this for 98.- EUR. The case had a crack, that's all.

Quickly checked how much power my -I call it a- lathe has. 370 Watts!
Geee! Drove back to the shop and bought me two more (also with a crack).
You never know!

Just now I finished connecting it to my lathe. Welding a holder, ripping
out all cables and completely rewiring. All switches work as they
should: Emergency power-off. Fwd-Backwd-switch.

What a joy!

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Some get the toys after Christmas ! - What a find.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member