Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Default Life is good

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:18:14 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Adam Smith wrote:

Condolences.

Condolences here too. I lost my 14 year old Border
Terrier 2 weeks ago.

Condolences as well.

Need another dog? Ive got 6 needing homes at the moment.

Thanks for the offer, but when the time comes
it will probably be another Border.

BTW, did I ever tell you that I met one of your dogs?
A metalworker from around Placerville came down to
buy a 3-phase transformer from me. He had a dog named
Shotgun that he said he got from you... Nice dog.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

My best was an anti-fatigue mat for the shop. Also got a copy of the
Annotated Grateful Dead lyrics, a bag of socks, a Home Depot giftcard, and a
power screwdriver.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:22:15 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:35:49 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:49:16 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:56:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:02:01 -0800, "T.Alan Kraus"
wrote:

The Cream DVD from last years concert at the Royal Albert Hall, played
it really loud

OOOOOOO!!
"In the white room...with black curtains, near the station..."
I know what Ill have reverberating through my skull for the rest of
the day...

That sure as **** beats xmas carols, wot? Great album.
(Does that last statement date me?)

"Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning......"

Damit!!!!

Could be worse, a few times when things were particularly chaotic at
work I found myself stuck with a loop of the Benny Hill theme music.

S'okay - I use a nice polyphonic version of 'The Liberty Bell March'
by JP Souza as my LG VX2000 ringtone - three guesses for those who
don't know it by that title...

Though I'd like to shoot the Nokia engineers each time I hear people
using their 'The Entertainer' as their ring - the music is ALL WRONG.
They have the first few bars right, then they wander off into
something best described as musical mumbling. It's Public Domain, so
you should be able to find the damned sheet music - GET IT RIGHT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(very quietly Gunner whispers... dont ANYONE mention "its a small
world")

Gee, what a co-inky-dink! I was there just last night...

Don't worry about that one. They change the soundtrack in November
and it lasts for another few weeks for the Small World Holiday overlay
- it has only one chorus of (That Damned Song), and the rest is
Christmas Stuff. 'Deck The Halls' and all that. It's /almost/ non-
infectious. Almost... Barely... Kinda Sorta...

Okay. It's still infectious, but at least it's a _different_ song
wedged in your brain. I didn't hear a single "Make it Stooooop!" ;-P

And hang out in front of Small World for the clock to sound the
quarter hours after dark - and even when you think it's over, don't
leave. 8-0 The guys in Technical Services got some new expensive
toys from Santa this year, and they work _really_ good. ;-)

I'm told there was a bit of excitement one night early in November
when the master 120/208Y lighting contactor (1600 or 2000 Amp) broke
on one cycle at the end of the night and the lights /didn't/ all come
back on as commanded...

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

(very quietly Gunner whispers... dont ANYONE mention
"its a small world")

An old college friend of mine still swears that the best way
to replace a song stuck in your head is to use something,
anything, by "duran-duran"--it's catchy enough to replace
whateveritwas, but forgettable enough that your head's
clear not too much after... :^)
--Glenn Lyford

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 05:34:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:01:51 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

wrote:

That sure as **** beats xmas carols, wot? Great album.
(Does that last statement date me?)

"Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning......"

Damit!!!!

"Could fill spoons full of coffee,
Could fill spoons full of tea.
Just a little spoon of your precious love;
Is that enough for me?"

Gunner, stuck on an endless loop....

Gitcher wah-wah pedals out, boys. We're doin' Cream this week.

Remembering Spoonful reminded me of the A***** twins. I still have
what's left of the promo album given to me by a pair of the best
looking Jewish twins I've ever met. Their daddy owned an AM radio
station in Oceanside, CA. Ooh, what fun that pair was! I just wish
I'd had both together. sigh Y'know, just once for the memories...
(We were young; no homeruns, just 1st to 3rd and lots OF it. Kathy A:
I miss being embarrassed by hickies you gave me, Miss Hoover.)

Sounds like Mickey and Terry, the twin deaf mute daughters of a local
builidng contractor when I was growing up. Dad was appreciative that I
liked and cared for them, and they were ever so happy to have a guy to
play with, either singly or enmass. (or with each other...G)

Sigh..they finally went off to school, one to med and the other to
law, and both became sucessful and married well and apparently
happily. But I got something their husbands will never have....and
repeatedly G

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:05:32 GMT, Ignoramus7428
wrote:

I also got a present on Dec 23, a baby.

It is a boy, 7 lbs as of now, actually relatively quiet and serious
looking.

My older son is 4.5 now and I forgot that babies can be that
small.

Seems like changing diapers is like riding bicycles, it is not easily
forgotten.

MANY MANY congratulations!!!

And some condolences on the diaper parts ....

Gunner, with a 2 yr old granddaughter living in the house.

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

wrote:

Adam Smith wrote:

Condolences.

Condolences here too. I lost my 14 year old Border
Terrier 2 weeks ago.

Condolences as well.

Need another dog? Ive got 6 needing homes at the moment.

Thanks for the offer, but when the time comes
it will probably be another Border.

BTW, did I ever tell you that I met one of your dogs?
A metalworker from around Placerville came down to
buy a 3-phase transformer from me. He had a dog named
Shotgun that he said he got from you... Nice dog.

Mike Galley.

Ayup...the golden retriever/aussie cross makes an excellent companion
dog. I occasionally get calls from others giving me status reports on
some of my dogs that they adopted.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Ignoramus7428 says...

Seems like changing diapers is like riding bicycles, it is not easily
forgotten.

And, for looking after kids, the smallest relative amount of
work, when everything else is factored in.

Best wishes on the latest addition to your family indeed!

Jim

please reply to:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner Asch writes on Tue, 27 Dec
2005 08:22:15 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

The Cream DVD from last years concert at the Royal Albert Hall, played
it really loud

cheers
T.Alan

OOOOOOO!!

"In the white room...with black curtains, near the station..."

I know what Ill have reverberating through my skull for the rest of
the day...

That sure as **** beats xmas carols, wot? Great album.
(Does that last statement date me?)

"Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning......"

Damit!!!!

Gunner, stuck on an endless loop....

Could be worse, a few times when things were particularly chaotic at
work I found myself stuck with a loop of the Benny Hill theme music.

Pete C.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(very quietly Gunner whispers... dont ANYONE mention "its a small
world")

No, but there was the evening when I put "Within you, Without you" from
the Sergeant Pepper album on "repeat - forever". I think it was two hours.
I can't remember the words ...

Now, Leonard Cohen's _Closing Time_ is something to have as mental
peanut butter.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Never pass up a change to kiss a Beeping Sleauty.