Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Al's Back - Do I win again?

Take a look at eBay seller -going12345sold. 65 machine shop items
for sale, 0 feedback, all "Buy it Now" and freshly painted in gray and
black. Seller is in CT. How could it be anyone else? Leigh at MarMachine

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

Leigh,

Looks like you win the "Spot the Babin" contest for December. Everyone else,
don't worry, he'll have a new Ebay handle by Jan 1.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Who is this guy? It seems that I've hear this Babin name before and I
have only been on here a few months. And from what I remember,
everything I've heard is not good.
Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

Damn, I almost missed that and I was looking at some of his stuff.... Oh
well, no longer..

--

Clif

wrote in message
oups.com...
Take a look at eBay seller -going12345sold. 65 machine shop items
for sale, 0 feedback, all "Buy it Now" and freshly painted in gray and
black. Seller is in CT. How could it be anyone else? Leigh at MarMachine

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Karl Townsend wrote:

Leigh,

Looks like you win the "Spot the Babin" contest for December. Everyone else,
don't worry, he'll have a new Ebay handle by Jan 1.

Likely to be the Babin, but he must have somebody helping
with his spelling! One of his hallmarks was his legendary
trashing the spelling of well-known trade names. I think
he was able to spell South Bend correctly, but not much else.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
george

wrote in message
oups.com...
Take a look at eBay seller -going12345sold. 65 machine shop items
for sale, 0 feedback, all "Buy it Now" and freshly painted in gray and
black. Seller is in CT. How could it be anyone else? Leigh at MarMachine

Not "CT", but "CONN". I wonder if he misspelled that, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Harold...DON'T LOOK was Al's Back - Do I win again?

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
On 29 Nov 2005 19:56:42 -0800, wrote:

Take a look at eBay seller -going12345sold. 65 machine shop items
for sale, 0 feedback, all "Buy it Now" and freshly painted in gray and
black. Seller is in CT. How could it be anyone else? Leigh at MarMachine

Oh, my god, poor Harold!! DON'T LOOK!! At least not after you've
eaten, or please bring a barf bag!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-x-32-GEAR-HEA...H_W0QQitemZ756
7979515QQcategoryZ104241QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Chuckle! It would appear my reputation for rust loving is becoming all too
well known!

Truth be known, I don't think that machine is rusted. I've taken quite a
few pics with digital cameras that show surfaces lightly rusted that aren't.
If you'll look closely, you'll notice the surfaces are quite uniform in
texture----likely just the way the pic turns out, and not rusted at all.
No, I'm not willing to bet my SS check on my opinion. g

My Graziano is virtually barren of paint around the headstock. The paint
they used doesn't stand up to chemical coolants. Mine used to wash off on a
daily basis, and didn't take long to get down to iron. It doesn't look as
nice as it did when it was new, but I know the machine is sound, and don't
worry about appearances. My machines were intended to be run for gain, and
they were. The time it takes to keep them looking like new is poorly
wasted when you're running behind on deliveries, so they rarely got
polishing. Wiped and oiled regularly, where it really matters.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

[...]

I'd like to reconsider my position of rust on that machine. Yeah, it does
have some, but maybe not as badly as it looks. (Any at all is too much).
Handle on the quill lock, tailstock, is a good example. Definitely rusted.
The rest may have been cleaned to some degree. It's hard to say.

One other thing. That isn't a 16" machine. They made a 14" and a 17",
neither of which have the magnetic clutches. Each is a geared head machine,
with the gear assemblies in the headstock. The machine pictured is a Sag
12, a 12" machine, with the transmission located in the base of the machine.
Headstock has the high/low range gearing, and is driven by three belts from
the transmission. The natural gap created by the lowered carriage ways and
the termination of the tailstock ways creates the ability to swing a short
length, large diameter. With the way covers removed, it will swing 17-1/2".
The handle on the right side of the carriage is the gear selector and
forward/reverse selector. Twisting changes speeds, raising starts the
machine forward, and lowering reverses rotation. It can be done on the fly.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:04:04 -0800, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

BIIIGGG SNIP

The machine pictured is a Sag
12, a 12" machine, with the transmission located in the base of the machine.
Headstock has the high/low range gearing, and is driven by three belts from
the transmission.

More SNIP.

Hey again Harold,

Well, it was because of the rusty appearance of the "hand surfaces",
and most particularly that it was a Graz, that I was afraid for your
health if you looked. Gotta admit, the ways didn't look too bad, what
you could see of them, but that always makes one leery too, doesn't
it? If the ways are good-to-perfect, there's usually ten pix showing
them, and nothing on a big chuck ding or something else awful.

Anyway, I'd like to have it as they are beautiful machines, but I've
been so busy for a few days I don't even know where the auction stands
at the moment. Guess I'll go look.

Take care.

Brian "Really-wish-it-was-a-DSG" Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

snip------

Brian "Really-wish-it-was-a-DSG" Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Sweet machines, the DSG liine. I ran a 42" model years ago. Very worthy
machine, it was.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Honest A Babin

mj wrote:
Who is this guy? It seems that I've hear this Babin name before and I
have only been on here a few months. And from what I remember,
everything I've heard is not good.
Mike

Mike I am the honest one here to tell so don't make mistake to listenat
the attacks thehonest man may know.
I was inkjured in the accident to so my67 boys are running shop to
daysand are doing a job helpinhg loyal customer base build mfrom years
of hgood deal and service to ebay and Yahoos action.
You cannot go towrong buying and to sweetening we offeering the
discounts to say rcm! So bid to!
We at no 3wusing the finest PLAYTEX ENAMELT PAINTS FOR THE REBUILT AND
REFURBISHED MACHINES AND GUARANTEED TO PROTECT THE INVESTMENT!
iM SORRY TO HEAR More assent to my character to bear the false
grudgers.
Listen to my Wo=wds to hear trust and truth.
I still have the sOUTH bENT PARTS ALWAYS FOR SPARTSE
gRAZIANO BEST TYWAN MACHINT MADE TODAY SO BID TO GET
hAPPY hOLLKTIDAyES1
A BAbIN and SSDOns
ISO comp-liant 900 job shop and builder of fine machinery and
repairings mooringd=. Custom pool cues and covers. Hollidatye cahier
12 K_mART bRISTOL cONN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

On 1 Dec 2005 22:20:20 -0800, "Honest A Babin"
wrote:

mj wrote:
[...]

No matter how the above post is looked at, whether true or false, it
is hilarious!
ERS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

[...]

I believe Harold is correct.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

snip-----
One other thing. That isn't a 16" machine. They made a 14" and a 17",
neither of which have the magnetic clutches.

Yet another correction. Graziano made a 15" machine, not a 14" machine.

Harold

All you need is $6 to get thousands back [email protected] Metalworking 0 July 29th 05 09:52 AM
Gunner: I'm back Gunner Metalworking 388 July 9th 04 12:35 AM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM
Panasonic VCR quit playing back in hi-fi stereo, still records in hi-fi stereo larrymoencurly Electronics Repair 3 August 17th 03 11:08 PM
Japanese chisel - hollow back ? FOW Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 01:05 PM