Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
not given

Default OT -- Looking for a Plastics Parts Manufacturer

An upcoming project I have requires a plastic (generic description)
radome. I'm not familiar with any companies that do this so I thought
I'd turn to the source that pretty much knows everything!

The total number will be 6400 units during the spring and summer of
2006. Pictured as an upside down flower pot, they will be 18 inches
diameter at the bottom, 12 diameter at the top and 16 tall. There
will also be a flat, circular base required for the radome to attach
to.

I would appreciate any leads to companies that could guide me as to
the best material to use and to quote this job for me. I'd prefer a
company in North or South Carolina.

If you want to reply directly, use this email address
2z5prwr02 (at) sneakemail.com

Thanks,
Ed
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott

not given wrote:
An upcoming project I have requires a plastic (generic description)
radome. I'm not familiar with any companies that do this so I thought
I'd turn to the source that pretty much knows everything!

The total number will be 6400 units during the spring and summer of
2006. Pictured as an upside down flower pot, they will be 18 inches
diameter at the bottom, 12 diameter at the top and 16 tall. There
will also be a flat, circular base required for the radome to attach
to.

I would appreciate any leads to companies that could guide me as to
the best material to use and to quote this job for me. I'd prefer a
company in North or South Carolina.

If you want to reply directly, use this email address
2z5prwr02 (at) sneakemail.com

Thanks,
Ed

Knowing the material you want it made out of is a big deal! AFAIK most
radomes are polyester/fiberglass, but when you're dealing with
microwaves the details of the material can make a big difference -- you
don't want a radome that's opaque at your frequency of interest or that
scatters the waves.

This guy http://www.cameng.com/ may be able to help you out on
specifying materials & design details, and may even help you to qualify
shops. Tell him I sent you -- I doubt that he'll remember me, but I
remember him.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

I build injection molds. If I had a print, and knew what type of material
you wanted it out of, this might be a large enough volume to justify the
tooling cost.

"not given" wrote in message
An upcoming project I have requires a plastic (generic description)
radome. I'm not familiar with any companies that do this so I thought
I'd turn to the source that pretty much knows everything!

The total number will be 6400 units during the spring and summer of
2006. Pictured as an upside down flower pot, they will be 18 inches
diameter at the bottom, 12 diameter at the top and 16 tall. There
will also be a flat, circular base required for the radome to attach
to.

I would appreciate any leads to companies that could guide me as to
the best material to use and to quote this job for me. I'd prefer a
company in North or South Carolina.

If you want to reply directly, use this email address
2z5prwr02 (at) sneakemail.com

Thanks,
Ed

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

not given wrote:

An upcoming project I have requires a plastic (generic description)
radome. I'm not familiar with any companies that do this so I thought
I'd turn to the source that pretty much knows everything!

The total number will be 6400 units during the spring and summer of
2006. Pictured as an upside down flower pot, they will be 18 inches
diameter at the bottom, 12 diameter at the top and 16 tall. There
will also be a flat, circular base required for the radome to attach
to.

I would appreciate any leads to companies that could guide me as to
the best material to use and to quote this job for me. I'd prefer a
company in North or South Carolina.

If you want to reply directly, use this email address
2z5prwr02 (at) sneakemail.com

Thanks,
Ed

If you are making a real radome there are a lot of things to be
considered. First, what frequency is it running at? The radome itself
is usually made of a honeycomb material and the size and thickness of
the material is partially determined by the wavelength/frequency. There
is also how to handle the problem of static buildup on the radome.

John