Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default OT-For you motorheadsG

From an email from a Nascar driver buddy of mine...G

Watch a BMW M3 GTR go full throttle

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/

Ever wanted a ride in a BMW M3?
Around Nurburging?
With Hans Stuck driving?

Then click the above link, and hang on :-)

Broadband speed needed.
Speakers turned up.

For you MSF Insrtuctors out there...this guy re-defines
"outside-inside-outside" path of travel grin

Enjoy!

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking

My wife hates it when I drive that way! The mileage goes right to hell!

Paul

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

I remember watching Hans Stuck driving an Audi at Sears Point in the rain.
Simply amazing. AWD helped, but he made the rest of the drivers look like
amateurs. And there's no one better at The Ring.

Thanks,

Peter

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
From an email from a Nascar driver buddy of mine...G

Watch a BMW M3 GTR go full throttle

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/

Ever wanted a ride in a BMW M3?
Around Nurburging?
With Hans Stuck driving?

Then click the above link, and hang on :-)

Broadband speed needed.
Speakers turned up.

For you MSF Insrtuctors out there...this guy re-defines
"outside-inside-outside" path of travel grin

Enjoy!

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Green

On 21-Nov-05 1:09 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

From an email from a Nascar driver buddy of mine...G

Watch a BMW M3 GTR go full throttle

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/

Ever wanted a ride in a BMW M3?
Around Nurburging?
With Hans Stuck driving?

Then click the above link, and hang on :-)

Broadband speed needed.
Speakers turned up.

For you MSF Insrtuctors out there...this guy re-defines
"outside-inside-outside" path of travel grin

Enjoy!

I did!

I have 'driven' this track a few times on a computer game and the banked
left handers always catch me out! Nice to see someone go through there
*without* hitting the walls on the exit......lol.

Thanks for the link Gunner.

--
Larry Green
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
James Lerch

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:09:58 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

From an email from a Nascar driver buddy of mine...G

Watch a BMW M3 GTR go full throttle

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/

You know, I would hate to be the guy that had to build that
transmision, then WATCH that video

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)
http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen (My 15Kw generator project)
Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

I counter your BMW M3 GTR with this and raise you with 3 "coolness" and
historical value chips...

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

You know, I would hate to be the guy that had to build that
transmision, then WATCH that video

With the gearboxes used in most many race cars, one has to shift them
forcefully. Stuck isn't using the clutch except to get going, and getting
those straight cut gears to mesh requires a strong and quick shove.

It sounds worse than it is. The internals of the trans would look worse if
he took his time shifting.

Peter

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Charlie Gary

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I counter your BMW M3 GTR with this and raise you with 3 "coolness" and
historical value chips...

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

That Challenger looks cool, especially without the deformed Benz grille
that seems to be making it onto all the new Dodges recently.
But the sound of that BMW having the snot wrung out of it coming out
of my speakers for the last hour inspires me to work faster. G

Later,

Charlie

And How far is Millington from Marlton?

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Gunner Asch wrote:
From an email from a Nascar driver buddy of mine...G

Watch a BMW M3 GTR go full throttle

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/

Ever wanted a ride in a BMW M3?
Around Nurburging?
With Hans Stuck driving?

Pretty wild. Was trying to figure out how the slap shifter worked,
but eventually figured out the driver inset view was out of sync
by a second or more with the sound. The flash encoder was pretty
badly overloaded by the rapid scenery movement, so it messed up
the speed sensation. It seemed like he really wasn't going that
fast, not much over 120 MPH, but that may have been due to the
tiny viewing window and the flash encoding. Esecially when there
was an overhead sign or a sign truss, the view got jerky.

It sounded like the microphone was bolted to the gearbox - what
a lot of gear noise!

Thanks for the posting - are there any more like this around?

Jon

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Peter Grey wrote:
You know, I would hate to be the guy that had to build that
transmision, then WATCH that video

With the gearboxes used in most many race cars, one has to shift them
forcefully. Stuck isn't using the clutch except to get going, and getting
those straight cut gears to mesh requires a strong and quick shove.

Yeah, the speed of those shifts is faster than any production automatic
can do it. Obvious no clutch pedal used there.

After reading about what could be done with (and to) commercial manual
transmissions in the early rails with transmissions, this is pretty
mild. The took all but 4 of the 32 clutch teeth off a Mopar 4-speed,
and shifted a 3000 Hp rail engine by just lifthing the gas pedal a
bit and ramming the ratchet shifter lever to the next gear.

Jon

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

CLIP

And How far is Millington from Marlton?

About an hour and a half. Sometimes two and a half with traffic. grin

Find Basking Ridge on the map. I can see that town from here... Well, I
could if I had a window anyhow. Are you in Marlton or just familiar with
the area?

I'm looking for a legitimate reason to ride my motorcycle down to that area
of NJ....
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Charlie Gary

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
CLIP

And How far is Millington from Marlton?

About an hour and a half. Sometimes two and a half with traffic. grin

Find Basking Ridge on the map. I can see that town from here... Well, I
could if I had a window anyhow. Are you in Marlton or just familiar with
the area?

I'm looking for a legitimate reason to ride my motorcycle down to that area
of NJ....

I'm just familiar with the area. One of my bestest buddies lives there
when the Army doesn't have their hooks in him. When they do, he gets
to go to places in the news. I went there a few years back for his
wedding, and it was the year the sun didn't break through the Seattle
overcast for about four months, and I recall how nice it was to finally
see the sun again. I do remember the crappy traffic, though. g

Later,

Charlie

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Charlie Gary

Why wrote:

That Challenger looks cool, especially without the deformed Benz grille
that seems to be making it onto all the new Dodges recently.

Later,

Charlie

That looks cool, they didn't screw it up much.

Once I get all my other crap paid for I might even try to buy one. I'm
glad they did like Ford and stayed fairly true to the original, but
made it prettier. If the new Mustang did come with a Ford electrical
system..........

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Pretty wild. Was trying to figure out how the slap shifter worked,
but eventually figured out the driver inset view was out of sync
by a second or more with the sound. The flash encoder was pretty
badly overloaded by the rapid scenery movement, so it messed up
the speed sensation. It seemed like he really wasn't going that
fast, not much over 120 MPH, but that may have been due to the
tiny viewing window and the flash encoding. Esecially when there
was an overhead sign or a sign truss, the view got jerky.

It sounded like the microphone was bolted to the gearbox - what
a lot of gear noise!

He's going a ton faster than 120. I'm betting close to 180 on the back
sections of the track. In-car videos always look slower than the car's
really going. I assume that the gearbox noise is from straight-cut gears.

Peter

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

I'm just familiar with the area. One of my bestest buddies lives there
when the Army doesn't have their hooks in him. When they do, he gets
to go to places in the news. I went there a few years back for his
wedding, and it was the year the sun didn't break through the Seattle
overcast for about four months, and I recall how nice it was to finally
see the sun again. I do remember the crappy traffic, though. g

Hey... That's Philadelphia traffic. Don't blame that in NJ.

Most of NJ is great - in fact, the best I've ever experienced in the US.
However, there are a bunch of areas where you simply do not want to drive,
ride, or live in around here. Both are side effects of living next to the
world's capitol city and it's activities and ambiance.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
alphonso

That guy drives like my wife trying to get home before she pees her pants.

--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:11:13 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Most of NJ is great - in fact, the best I've ever experienced in the US.

IIRC Some city in NJ has the highest crime rate in the US
(NOT counting the neocons in DC). Trenton?
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Elson" skrev i en meddelelse

Thanks for the posting - are there any more like this around?

Dodge Viper GTS vs. Porsche 911 GT3
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3399790
This is just a 17 minute clip, but there are 6 full length movies made in
this series...

Interesting ways to trash cars, also swedish:
http://skrotaford.dilla.se

/peter

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:bnc7o1p9jmaumm8fi2584gkgv652ndn12f@
4ax.com:

wrote:

Most of NJ is great - in fact, the best I've ever experienced in the US.

IIRC Some city in NJ has the highest crime rate in the US
(NOT counting the neocons in DC). Trenton?

I don't think so. At least not recently. High crime rates and poverty go
hand in hand, so look for the poorest cities and you'll find high crime
rates. The south in general has a lot of the high crime areas. The
Northeast and Midwest tend to have fewer. But there is plenty of poverty
even there. Places like Bridgeport, Ct., Detroit, Mi., Gary, IN. It pays to
be careful in those cities.

Some slightly older data -

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime1.aspx

--

Dan

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Joe AutoDrill

Most of NJ is great - in fact, the best I've ever experienced in the US.

IIRC Some city in NJ has the highest crime rate in the US
(NOT counting the neocons in DC). Trenton?

Camden used to... It is the city most NJ folk do not even know about. It
is basically the NJ side of Philadelphia so blame them.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:58:52 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Pretty wild. Was trying to figure out how the slap shifter worked,
but eventually figured out the driver inset view was out of sync
by a second or more with the sound. The flash encoder was pretty
badly overloaded by the rapid scenery movement, so it messed up
the speed sensation. It seemed like he really wasn't going that
fast, not much over 120 MPH, but that may have been due to the
tiny viewing window and the flash encoding. Esecially when there
was an overhead sign or a sign truss, the view got jerky.

It sounded like the microphone was bolted to the gearbox - what
a lot of gear noise!

He's going a ton faster than 120. I'm betting close to 180 on the back
sections of the track. In-car videos always look slower than the car's
really going. I assume that the gearbox noise is from straight-cut gears.

Peter

I don't think so. Must be around 210+. I've driven over 100 times at
145mph and that clip brings back memories and that car is moving much
faster than 150. Bet it takes hours to get off that adrenalin rush.

Great track, thanks for the clip, and an appropriate day to see it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike

Sunworshipper wrote in
:

wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
[...]

m3 gtrs for the german touring car series uses a twin clutch straight cut
box, usually sequential and it's bloody loud even for a spectator. The Ring
is a very narrow circuit, most of it is an ex public road and so its not
much more than 24' wide in places - Makes the speed seem much faster than
it is. They have public days where you can pay a few euros and thrash round
in anything you like. The cup series M3's can do up to about 180 top
depending on the gearing. The Ring requires lower gearing 'cos of the
slower sections and so top speed is probably 170 or so.

The impressive thing is how fast the guy can travel the circuit - last time
Formula 1's did that circuit the top speeds where around 180 with twice the
power. Its the old Ring at 17.5miles and 174 bends that this guy knows
intimately.. really impressive. Also worth noting is that several of the
Porsche he's passing and leaving for dead are cup race GT2's with an extra
100hp or so..