Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

Default OT-For you motorheadsG

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:58:52 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Pretty wild. Was trying to figure out how the slap shifter worked,
but eventually figured out the driver inset view was out of sync
by a second or more with the sound. The flash encoder was pretty
badly overloaded by the rapid scenery movement, so it messed up
the speed sensation. It seemed like he really wasn't going that
fast, not much over 120 MPH, but that may have been due to the
tiny viewing window and the flash encoding. Esecially when there
was an overhead sign or a sign truss, the view got jerky.

It sounded like the microphone was bolted to the gearbox - what
a lot of gear noise!

He's going a ton faster than 120. I'm betting close to 180 on the back
sections of the track. In-car videos always look slower than the car's
really going. I assume that the gearbox noise is from straight-cut gears.

Peter

I don't think so. Must be around 210+. I've driven over 100 times at
145mph and that clip brings back memories and that car is moving much
faster than 150. Bet it takes hours to get off that adrenalin rush.

Great track, thanks for the clip, and an appropriate day to see it.