Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dixon

Default helicoil sob story

I was working in my shop yesterday, and all I could think about was my 25th.
anniversity, and how happy my wife and I were to be going out that evening
to eat at Red Lobster. Well, I happened to look in my machinest cabinet, and
I noticed that someone had stolen three of my helicoil sets (1/4-20, 5/16-18
and 3/8-16). They were the only things in my life that really meant anything
to me. My wife took it so hard she can't stop crying. Our plans on going out
are shattered. As a precaution I have hid all the razor blades and
prescription pills. I hope someday our marriage will recover from this
terrible event.

Dixon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Hey!
There was a guy here that said he "bought" some of these for $5.00. He
probably got them after midnight in an alley from a guy named Bubba who
runs Lucky's Tool Discount.
LOL
Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Dixon" wrote in message
I was working in my shop yesterday, and all I could think about was my
25th. anniversity, and how happy my wife and I were to be going out that
evening to eat at Red Lobster. Well, I happened to look in my machinest
cabinet, and I noticed that someone had stolen three of my helicoil sets
(1/4-20, 5/16-18 and 3/8-16). They were the only things in my life that
really meant anything to me. My wife took it so hard she can't stop crying.
Our plans on going out are shattered. As a precaution I have hid all the
razor blades and prescription pills. I hope someday our marriage will
recover from this terrible event.

Dixon

Grant needs them more than you do!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Dixon wrote:

I was working in my shop yesterday, and all I could think about was my 25th.
anniversity, and how happy my wife and I were to be going out that evening
to eat at Red Lobster. Well, I happened to look in my machinest cabinet, and
I noticed that someone had stolen three of my helicoil sets (1/4-20, 5/16-18
and 3/8-16). They were the only things in my life that really meant anything
to me. My wife took it so hard she can't stop crying. Our plans on going out
are shattered. As a precaution I have hid all the razor blades and
prescription pills. I hope someday our marriage will recover from this
terrible event.

Advertise her for five bucks on Craigslist. If you're lucky, she'll sell quickly
and then you can go take the money and have your lobster dinner. Problem solved!

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ff

Grant Erwin wrote:

Dixon wrote:

I was working in my shop yesterday, and all I could think about was
my 25th. anniversity, and how happy my wife and I were to be going
out that evening to eat at Red Lobster. Well, I happened to look in
my machinest cabinet, and I noticed that someone had stolen three of
my helicoil sets (1/4-20, 5/16-18 and 3/8-16). They were the only
things in my life that really meant anything to me. My wife took it
so hard she can't stop crying. Our plans on going out are shattered.
As a precaution I have hid all the razor blades and prescription
pills. I hope someday our marriage will recover from this terrible
event.

Advertise her for five bucks on Craigslist. If you're lucky, she'll
sell quickly and then you can go take the money and have your lobster
dinner. Problem solved!

GWE

Didja hear about the dirty trick played on CraigsList? Someone
advertised free stuff in their backyard, just go in and take it. The
thing was, it wasn't the poster's address, but someone he wanted to burn.
The homeowner finally noticed stuff disappearing: lawnmower, barbecue,
patio furniture, etc and called 911.
Craig hisself launched an investigation into it with a reward for info
on the perp.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan

Never mind, something good will happen - it always does.
For example - I was on my way to getting married, when I spotted at the
side of the road a nice old piece of machinery. With care, I managed to
get it in the station wagon without getting too dirty.
It really made my day!

Jordan

I was working in my shop yesterday, and all I could think about was my 25th.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik

Didja hear about the dirty trick played on CraigsList? Someone
advertised free stuff in their backyard, just go in and take it. The
thing was, it wasn't the poster's address, but someone he wanted to burn.
The homeowner finally noticed stuff disappearing: lawnmower, barbecue,
patio furniture, etc and called 911.
Craig hisself launched an investigation into it with a reward for info
on the perp.

I remember reading in the paper about someone who had a beef the owner
of a Christmas tree lot.

Late one night, the lock/chain securing the lot was cut, gate opened,
and a nice big sign erected reading 'Free Christmas Trees Take one,
Merry Christmas! or some such...

Erik

OT=: The Darkest Days ( long , old story but good read anyway ) Gunner Asch Metalworking 4 August 23rd 05 11:10 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM