Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave

Default my new "mystery maker" pallet jack, $25.49

OK, won an ebay auction and bought an "unknown maker" pallet jack, in
working shape "for the most part". I've posted three pix of it:

http://hardwares.po.gs/pallet_jack_3_pix/

hope someone can help identify the maker? there's no maker tag or decals
on it anywhere...I'm gonna need some parts, me thinks...

thanks,

toolie

--
ps-please remove the 'weird stuff' from my address before you click send
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:55:32 -0500, dave wrote:
OK, won an ebay auction and bought an "unknown maker" pallet jack, in
working shape "for the most part". I've posted three pix of it:

So what's one of those go for? I could use one for a short-term
project, and amazingly enough, Iggy doesn't have one.

(I'm near Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin, in case someone wants to say
"Hey, I've got one you can use/buy/borrow/rent/whatever")

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:55:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, dave
quickly quoth:

OK, won an ebay auction and bought an "unknown maker" pallet jack, in
working shape "for the most part". I've posted three pix of it:

http://hardwares.po.gs/pallet_jack_3_pix/

hope someone can help identify the maker? there's no maker tag or decals
on it anywhere...I'm gonna need some parts, me thinks...

I'll take a WAG and say it may be a King jack. vbg
(You may not have seen the sticker but I sure did.)

--
REBOOT AMERICA!
-----------------------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:55:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, dave
quickly quoth:

OK, won an ebay auction and bought an "unknown maker" pallet jack, in
working shape "for the most part". I've posted three pix of it:

http://hardwares.po.gs/pallet_jack_3_pix/

hope someone can help identify the maker? there's no maker tag or decals
on it anywhere...I'm gonna need some parts, me thinks...

I'll take a WAG and say it may be a King jack. vbg
(You may not have seen the sticker but I sure did.)

LOL just did a google on king pallet jack and there it be
http://www.spill911.com/p3631g216c6/...6&st3=58437495

$354.00

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave

Glenn said:
LOL just did a google on king pallet jack and there it be
http://www.spill911.com/p3631g216c6/...ml?Af_ID=0&Use...

looks like I should've clarified what I needed a little better. since
I'm looking for PARTS for it, and the "KING" logo is 'way different' on
the one pictured, both in design and where the logo itself is located
=on= the jack, and also because the tips of the forks@their tops, above
the wheels, are an entirely different config, there must be "more than
one" maker of pallet jacks named "king" (OR being resold as "king
branded" pallet jacks).

I'm actually hoping for is source for =parts= for my particular pallet
jack, hopefully thru its "known maker", IF the maker can be 'discovered'
somehow...like either 'website' or street (for buying parts). maybe some
guy who sees the pix and has the very =same= jack. maybe I wasn't clear
enough, sorry.

ps-new pix added to my pallet jack site, closeups...etc

http://hardwares.po.gs/pallet_jack_3_pix/

--
ps-please remove the 'weird stuff' from my address before you click send
--

thanks for trying to help :-)

toolie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

dave wrote in news:Yemff.5708$0h5.3446
@dukeread10:

thanks for trying to help :-)

Well, the thing is....your particular jack may have been made many moons
ago. Designs always change over the years. I haven't seen a foot-pedal
jack in ages. I suggest you might want to do a little further
investigating with king.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Thompson

dave wrote in news:Yemff.5708$0h5.3446
@dukeread10:

thanks for trying to help :-)

Well, the thing is....your particular jack may have been made many moons
ago. Designs always change over the years. I haven't seen a foot-pedal
jack in ages. I suggest you might want to do a little further
investigating with king.

The current one sold by harbor freight for $200 has a foot pedal like the one
shown. It comes in handy when the lever quits working.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.
-Ron Thompson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:16:08 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, dave
quickly quoth:

Glenn said:
LOL just did a google on king pallet jack and there it be
http://www.spill911.com/p3631g216c6/...ml?Af_ID=0&Use...

looks like I should've clarified what I needed a little better. since
I'm looking for PARTS for it, and the "KING" logo is 'way different' on
the one pictured, both in design and where the logo itself is located

Ahem. Before you condemn us for not finding an exact match for YOUR
jack, please call the King dealer to find out if they are from the
same manufacturer. You jack just MAY be a bit OLDER than the BRAND NEW
JACKS PICTURED, Dave. 1915 T-buckets don't look like 2006 F-150s, do
they? They _are_ both FORD pickup trucks, though.

An IBM 2MHz 8086 box looks a bit different than a brand new IBM 3GHz
box today, but they're the same manufacturer. shaking head slowly

Oh, and you're welcome. Sheesh!

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Glenn said:
[...]

Several of the sites I looked at said they sold parts. King is a prety old
name fo chinese imports. I have a drill press that is a king brand that is
about 18 years old. More than likely it is an import mark.
Personally I would just make the metal parts and the seals and O rings are
easily purchased for most of that stuff.
Of course it would be way cool if somebody had the exact jack and a book and
a box of parts for ya but...