mewthree

Default recycling scrap gold

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

Jon Elson

mewthree wrote:
would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

HUH? You mean to put an imprint on them? I suppose if that imprint
said "Credit Suisse" or something like that, then the answer is yes.
If you just want to pour gold into a baking pan, the answer certainly
is no for the US. I don't know about other countries.

I've been doing some recycling myself, and have a whole TEN GRAMS!
(Umm, I had hoped to yield more from the process, and am still
working on it.) 10 gm makes a pitifully small ingot!

Jon

Mark

yes,

please send me $1,800,000.00 and I will send the license.

Mark
"mewthree" wrote in message
. uk...
would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

Martin H. Eastburn

Roll it out into a sheet!

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Jon Elson wrote:
mewthree wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

HUH? You mean to put an imprint on them? I suppose if that imprint
said "Credit Suisse" or something like that, then the answer is yes.
If you just want to pour gold into a baking pan, the answer certainly
is no for the US. I don't know about other countries.

I've been doing some recycling myself, and have a whole TEN GRAMS!
(Umm, I had hoped to yield more from the process, and am still
working on it.) 10 gm makes a pitifully small ingot!

Jon

mewthree

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
yes,

please send me $1,800,000.00 and I will send the license.

Mark
"mewthree" wrote in message
. uk...
would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

this belongs in the "joke" news groups. only kiding. the cheque is in the
post.

Abrasha

mewthree wrote:
would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

No.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Abrasha

Jon Elson wrote:
mewthree wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

HUH? You mean to put an imprint on them? I suppose if that imprint
said "Credit Suisse" or something like that, then the answer is yes.
If you just want to pour gold into a baking pan, the answer certainly
is no for the US. I don't know about other countries.

I've been doing some recycling myself, and have a whole TEN GRAMS!
(Umm, I had hoped to yield more from the process, and am still
working on it.) 10 gm makes a pitifully small ingot!

Jon

10 g is not even big enough to make a pour for an ingot. I usually just
melt that amount in an indentation on a charcoal block on the bench like
this, http://www.abrasha.com/process/wr/wr-08.htm

The result is something like this:
http://www.abrasha.com/process/wr/wr-09.htm

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:42:30 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Mark"
quickly quoth:

yes,

please send me $1,800,000.00 and I will send the license.

Mark
"mewthree" wrote in message
.uk...
would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

Don't listen to the top-posting man behind the curtain, Paul.

I supply that particular license for only $1,798.33, prepaid.
Got my address?

--
CAUTION: Driver brakes for Pukey Ducks (To ignite them.)
Jon Elson

Abrasha wrote:

10 g is not even big enough to make a pour for an ingot.

Yes, I've noticed, to my great dismay! I had expected to get a good
deal more recovery than that. I'm still working on the process to
be sure I'm not losing any of the gold in wash solutions, etc.

Jon

Mark Rand

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:43:23 GMT, "mewthree" wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

A furnace works better.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

A furnace works better.

For small amounts, an oxy/acetylene (or oxy/mapp) torch and a crucible
is a lot more efficient.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mewthree

wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

A furnace works better.

For small amounts, an oxy/acetylene (or oxy/mapp) torch and a crucible
is a lot more efficient.

Jon

does anybody know if it is ok to make my own coins. ie bank of paul taylor?
just for fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R

"mewthree" wrote in message
. uk...

wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

A furnace works better.

For small amounts, an oxy/acetylene (or oxy/mapp) torch and a crucible
is a lot more efficient.

Jon

does anybody know if it is ok to make my own coins. ie bank of paul

taylor?
just for fun.

Sure.
Go for your life.
They'll be "tokens" however, not "coins".

So problem so long as you don't deliberately make them similar to legal
tender - either visually or to fool a vending machine.

Hell - merchant's tokens are a whole 'nuther sphere of collecting.

Here's some that Kyle Mutcher, Canadian coin dealer, made for fun a little
while ago:
http://mendosus.com/tokens.html
These ones are hand-struck - well, "sledge-hammer" struck actually.

--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken

"Jeff R" wrote:
"mewthree" wrote:
does anybody know if it is ok to make my own coins. ie bank of paul

taylor? just for fun.

Sure.
Go for your life.
They'll be "tokens" however, not "coins".

So problem so long as you don't deliberately make them similar to legal
tender - either visually or to fool a vending machine.

Well, you can deliberately make them to be nearly exactly like the real
thing, so long as you let people know that they are your own creation when
you try and "cash" them..

http://reason.com/0010/fe.jw.the.shtml
http://www.gwu.edu/~dimock/boggs.html

Jon

gold smelting Jon Elson Metalworking 10 August 12th 05 08:27 PM
speaker wire habbi Metalworking 126 March 14th 05 10:49 PM
Is it safe for kids to take apart electronics? momwithtools Electronics Repair 64 March 1st 05 08:15 AM
china gold leaf arts !! Zhao Bioa Woodworking 0 January 14th 04 06:14 AM
Gold Coloured Shower question Reteplav UK diy 1 September 18th 03 01:05 AM