Abrasha

Default recycling scrap gold

Jon Elson wrote:
mewthree wrote:

would i need a liecence to make ingots out of scrap gold?

HUH? You mean to put an imprint on them? I suppose if that imprint
said "Credit Suisse" or something like that, then the answer is yes.
If you just want to pour gold into a baking pan, the answer certainly
is no for the US. I don't know about other countries.

I've been doing some recycling myself, and have a whole TEN GRAMS!
(Umm, I had hoped to yield more from the process, and am still
working on it.) 10 gm makes a pitifully small ingot!

Jon

10 g is not even big enough to make a pour for an ingot. I usually just
melt that amount in an indentation on a charcoal block on the bench like
this, http://www.abrasha.com/process/wr/wr-08.htm

The result is something like this:
http://www.abrasha.com/process/wr/wr-09.htm

--