User Example

Default Wanted: Plans for stuff I can make on a milling machine

I have a mini mill but I don't have a lathe. Does anyone have any plans for
some cool things I can make with my mini mill? Those little engines look
fun to build but they seems to require a lathe.

Thanks,
Gary

User Example

Interesting idea. I don't think I want to venture down that path, though.
I'm afraid I'd just hurt myself.

But my curiousity is up. What kind of tool would be used to make the rifle
spiral in the barrel?

"Ignoramus26750" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:52:58 GMT, User Example
wrote:
I have a mini mill but I don't have a lathe. Does anyone have any plans
for
some cool things I can make with my mini mill? Those little engines look
fun to build but they seems to require a lathe.

The pinnacle of milling success would be to make a handgun. You can
buy replacement barrels instead of making your own.

Gunner

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:22:15 GMT, Ignoramus26750
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:52:58 GMT, User Example wrote:
I have a mini mill but I don't have a lathe. Does anyone have any plans for
some cool things I can make with my mini mill? Those little engines look
fun to build but they seems to require a lathe.

The pinnacle of milling success would be to make a handgun. You can
buy replacement barrels instead of making your own.

http://www.e-gunparts.com

A HighStandard .22.lr barrel is very easy to assemble to a receiver,
as it uses a single spring loaded stud to pull it to the
receiver...which can be a milled single shot action if you want to
start small and easy

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Dave Lyon

"User Example" wrote in message
et...
Interesting idea. I don't think I want to venture down that path, though.
I'm afraid I'd just hurt myself.

But my curiousity is up. What kind of tool would be used to make the

rifle
spiral in the barrel?

When I was an apprentice, I made an electric ignited, black powder, .22 cal
pistol.

I used the end of the barrel from an old .22 rifle, and attached it to a
frame that I designed, and made. I also made oak grips for it. A Cox glow
plug was installed in the barrel to ignite the powder. The trigger pivoted
into a mini switch to energize the glow plug from the battery that was
hidden in the grip. That's been over 20 years ago. I still haven't gotten
the nerve up to test fire it.

The plan was to hold it in a vice, then string a long wire to the glow plug
so I could be a safe distance away. The problem is that dad sold his farm
which doubled as my testing grounds.

http://www.maxton.com/max5.html

Gunner

On 11 Nov 2005 05:52:25 -0800, wrote:

http://www.maxton.com/max5.html

While the following artist is a complete idiot on any subject besides
that involving his work...he indeed is an artist and does beautiful
work

http://www.abrasha.com/

I call him RCMs very own "Rainman"

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

This is the artist I was looking for:
http://www.puzzlemuseum.com/gallery/...l/berrocal.htm

I mainly use my mill to make custom tools, repair parts for old
machines & vehicles, electronic hardware and robot parts for work, and
components for other machines I'm building.