Dave Lyon

Default Wanted: Plans for stuff I can make on a milling machine

"User Example" wrote in message
et...
Interesting idea. I don't think I want to venture down that path, though.
I'm afraid I'd just hurt myself.

But my curiousity is up. What kind of tool would be used to make the

rifle
spiral in the barrel?

When I was an apprentice, I made an electric ignited, black powder, .22 cal
pistol.

I used the end of the barrel from an old .22 rifle, and attached it to a
frame that I designed, and made. I also made oak grips for it. A Cox glow
plug was installed in the barrel to ignite the powder. The trigger pivoted
into a mini switch to energize the glow plug from the battery that was
hidden in the grip. That's been over 20 years ago. I still haven't gotten
the nerve up to test fire it.

The plan was to hold it in a vice, then string a long wire to the glow plug
so I could be a safe distance away. The problem is that dad sold his farm
which doubled as my testing grounds.