Default Grinding a magnetic chuck?

I have finally rebuilt my ancient Robot surface grinder, and would like
to look at truing the magnetic chuck. I remember reading somewhere
that someone stated that the chuck must be in the "on" or "hold"
position during the regrinding. I would have thought this might have
caused problems in that the metal grinds would be held onto the chuck
surface rather than being able to be blown free.

Can anyone give any advice?

Robin S.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Came out pretty flat, not perfect, but I can hold about .0002" over 12"
which is OK for home stuff.

That's pretty tight. I'd say there are very few applications where .0002"
over 12" would be unacceptable - especially given the reality that blocks
move with load, temp, time, etc.

Regards,

Robin