Gunner Asch

Default Carbonator questions (TIG torch cooler)

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 04:15:04 GMT, Ignoramus4939
wrote:

I finally received a carbonator pump. As a nice extra, included was a
water/co2 charging tank, for which I have no use but will keep on the
platform anyway.

Two questions

1. Do I need a pressure relief valve, and if so, what kind. The water
flows out of the torch return line quite briskly.

Sigh...one of the acorn nut looking thingies on the side of the pump
body is the relief valve. As Ive mentioned before..several times.

2. There is a control box mounted on the pump, with a relay and
integrated circuits and a signal transformer. It turns off the pump
after about a minute. If I power the pump off and power it on, it
restarts for another minute. It is trivial vor me to fully bypass this
control thingy, but would I be exposing this pump to any dangers?
(unlikely).

Mine runs the moment the welder gets turned on..until the weldor gets
turned off at the end of the day, or the welding project. Every
Bernard cooler uses a Procon carbonator pump..and they run nonstop.

Later on, I would simply mount a 24V relay inside this box, to be
controlled by the welder.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Pete C.

wrote:

I finally received a carbonator pump. As a nice extra, included was a
water/co2 charging tank, for which I have no use but will keep on the
platform anyway.

Two questions

1. Do I need a pressure relief valve, and if so, what kind. The water
flows out of the torch return line quite briskly.

Sigh...one of the acorn nut looking thingies on the side of the pump
body is the relief valve. As Ive mentioned before..several times.

Thanks. I am a little stumped, should that nut be removed to reveal
some fitting to connect another return line? Is that what it's for?

I would expect the acorn nut to be covering an adjustment screw that
will adjust the relief setting. The "return line" should be internal to
the pump and feed back to the input side. You'll need a pressure gauge
on the output along with a flow restriction in order to adjust the
relief setting. The torch manual should indicate max pressure, but I
think it should be no more than 60 PSI.

Pete C.