wayne mak

Default Put some test to the rear lift I made for my bolens

I have a 1250 Bolens I fit an old hydro bumper jack to. I cut off the forks
with the wheels and welded a frame to fit the tractor. Got a chance to test
it moving some large oak logs today
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/load/load.htm

here is the tractor
www.motherearthrecycling.net/1250/1250

wayne mak wrote:
I have a 1250 Bolens I fit an old hydro bumper jack to. I cut off the forks
with the wheels and welded a frame to fit the tractor. Got a chance to test
it moving some large oak logs today
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/load/load.htm

here is the tractor
www.motherearthrecycling.net/1250/1250

You need to come to this fourm and post your pictures...
We are a group of tractor nuts that like to do the things you do...

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/tractor/?30960

Jon Elson

wayne mak wrote:
I have a 1250 Bolens I fit an old hydro bumper jack to. I cut off the forks
with the wheels and welded a frame to fit the tractor. Got a chance to test
it moving some large oak logs today
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/load/load.htm

here is the tractor
www.motherearthrecycling.net/1250/1250

Hey, that's cool! I have a 1256 (6 speeds, Wisconsin 12 Hp engine, PTO)
that I use mostly for lawn mowing. I fitted a "bullet" muffler to it,
and replaced the awful updraft carb with a Honda motorcycle carb and use
those flat auto air filters. I had to provide a fuel pump for the
Honda carb, as it is too high relative to the gas tank for reliable
gravity feed. But, now I can mow at 30 degree angles either way
without flooding or starving the carb. The last improvement I've
been considering is some kind of implement raise/lower system.
Ever since the time the lever jumped off the detent and whacked me
in the knee like Nancy Kerrigan, I've been trying to come up with a
scheme to motorize that. (Basically I know how to do it, I just haven't
gotten the pieces to do it, yet.)

Jon

Don Foreman

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:54:46 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

wayne mak wrote:
[...]

Say more about the bullet muffler, pls. I have a couple of gennys I'd
like to muffle a bit.

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:26:16 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

wrote:

Hey, that's cool! I have a 1256 (6 speeds, Wisconsin 12 Hp engine, PTO)
that I use mostly for lawn mowing. I fitted a "bullet" muffler to it,

Say more about the bullet muffler, pls. I have a couple of gennys I'd
like to muffle a bit.

He might be referring to a glass-pack muffler, a la Cherry Bomb, Don.

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development

Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Woodturning 4 January 27th 05 12:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Titebond III Does not Perform Leon Woodworking 83 July 13th 04 07:21 PM
Veritas twin-screw vise install report Mike in Mystic Woodworking 14 November 27th 03 05:11 PM